MST3K Unknown Tom Servo Parts found

Chris Moliere

Due to the fact that the original bot builders forum is gone, I wanted to post this information from there to make it easier for people to find. Granted, these facts are from several years ago so some might already find it common knowledge, but I thought it would be a good idea to mention this again.
Tom‘s Engine Block is from a dune buggy made by Talbot Toys in the 80s, but these images from a now-ended EBay listing are the only appearance of it I could find online. I really hope there’s at least one person on here who might have access to one of these cars to get more molds from. His hands were identified in 2015 as being part of an as of now unknown girl doll from 1961; there were photos of it, but sadly the archive didn’t save them. I was able to identify the person who posted about the hands, and I’m planning on reaching out to him to see if he still had the doll, or at least photos of it. If he responds I’ll post an update here. Hopefully more to follow!

Here's a higher resolution copy.

Attachments

• ServoDollHands1.jpg
    ServoDollHands1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 139
Spent some time going down the internet rabbit hole to identify the doll. Sadly couldn’t find anything on it. The parts used on it don’t seem to be commonplace for any popular doll in the 60s, the hands especially. This leads me to believe the company who made it was incredibly obscure, or the doll was a knockoff of some kind. Hopefully someone who knows a little bit more about the parts used can come forward with some info.

Edit - received a notification from a doll collector, they agree that the doll is a knockoff of a Patti Playpal doll from the 60s, meaning it’s virtually impossible to track down. Darn.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back