MR Vader Helmet Shipping Notice Received

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by BoBoDohn, Dec 29, 2005.

1. BoBoDohn

BoBoDohn Well-Known Member

Received the Email this morning. I ordered the regular version, so I'm not sure if the sig version is also shipping then....

2. fettpride

fettpride Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Target "Early Birds" get screwed after-all :lol

FP

3. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Woohoo.

4. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

Yep.... no wonder they would not answer that question on the forum. How very weasley....

5. Darth Bill

Darth Bill Well-Known Member

Why do you feel anyone who pre-ordered with Target should get special treatment...?? :confused

Target jumped the gun with their solicitation.

Sheesh. :rolleyes

They weren't supposed to have their webpage up (much less take pre-orders) before MR had their own webpage/solicitation up.

Kudos to MR for actually honouring the pre-orders instead of having Target cancel and resolicit (which they could have done) but to think MR has an obligation to ship helmets to Target before taking care of their customers first...???

Once again, sheesh.

"Waiter? Reality check, please." :lol

Russ

6. gts072

gts072 Active Member

I got that message today too. Man, my wallet's going to get drained again... :cry

7. fettpride

Actually, I would expect that MR would honor these orders first. Why? Because these orders were actually placed first. Common sense. Sheesh. :rolleyes

Otherwise the proper thing would have been to make Target send notification to these customers admitting to an error in advertising, after all they had MONTHS to do so. I for one would have been fine with hearing this early on ... I could have then set a REALISTIC expectation as to when I could actually place my order ... and would have been one of the first in line ordering it when everyone else did. Sheesh. :rolleyes

You don't penalize a your customer base for and advertising error. Just because it was Target that jumped the gun, doesn't mean that MR is not just as much at fault for not demanding a correction while there was still plenty of time to do so. You either fix it, or eat humble pie and honor it. And honoring it would be no different than if you were waiting in any other line, say at the theater, or fast food joint. First come, first serve. Our society is built on this. Wouldn't you be the first one to offer up a big fat lip to someone that cut in front of you in a line? I would hope so. It's not a matter of "Special Treatment" as you say ... Sheesh. :rolleyes

To come up here and blast those that are a little * about this with an attitude is ridiculous. We're all entitled to speak up about something if it upsets us. All we ever asked for was a response from MR about it. And we were ignored. We had just as much right to have such a small question answered, as those that asked why their Clone Helmets didn't have yellow mowhawks, knowing full well that MR and any other manufacturer disclaims that specifications may change without notice. Yet they sure jumped to answer those questions didn't they? :rolleyes

I think your post was uncalled for, and in poor taste.

FP

8. Darth Bill

"Ignored"... :lol

They're not obligated to answer you here.
    Amy shows up as a COURTESY.

Got a problem?

E-mail them at their website and vent. Otherwise... :rolleyes

And I love this...

Funny.

You want the "special treatment" but that's EXACTLY WHAT TARGET DID TO MR.
    They figuratively "cut in line" for MR's solicitaions....

Go on, tough guy.

Go give Target a fat lip. :lol

I found your post to be uncalled for and in poor logic. :lol

Russ

9. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

*** I do not work for MR or any of it's subsidiaries, I do not personally know any of the employees past or present. (I am making this disclaimer because I don't want to be accused a being a MR mole, lackey, pawn, apologist, etc.) ***
    Not necessarily.

I understand the frustration that you all must feel having placed an order for this helmet from Target and not knowing what's going to happen with it, but I think that maybe some clarification as to how the whole MR dealer/customer thing works is needed.

If you placed an order with Target then MR doesn't know you from Adam, only Target knows who you are. Your beef is with Target not MR. Just because orders were placed with Target early on doesn't mean that you have an order with MR from that date. Dealers were told what the start date for taking orders on this item was, and for some reason Target chose to ignore it.

I donÂ’t think that MR should be directly commenting on orders placed with dealers, and I donÂ’t think that MR should comment on where Target is in the order queue. Depending on the size of the order that Target placed with MR, how does MR know how many of those are sold with customers waiting for delivery or just for stock purposes (the helmet is still listed on their web site for pre-order)? Should MR make sure to fill Target's entire order regardless of when it was placed just because Target chose to ignore the dealer sale date? There are plenty of dealers and direct purchase customers that placed their orders on the first day that orders were being taken, that is the order queue that should be respected and depending on when Target placed their order they will get their product and distribute it to it's customers accordingly.

If you pre-order a helmet from a dealer and that dealer decides to wait to put an order in with MR you are stuck with whatever place in the order queue that the dealer ends up with. There is only so much that MR can do to control what dealers do. I have a feeling this is why MR has made the LE items direct purchase only, so that they can control how and when the LE items are put up for sale and filled (also to control the selling price, but that is a different discussion).

I do not have any direct knowledge of what deal was set up with Target, although I know that in most cases dealing with very large retailers like Target/Walmart/KMart there is a feeling of "you are lucky that we are choosing to sell your product", so that could be why MR was unable to get Target to honor the proper sale date.

I know of the workings of the MR/dealer relationship because a good friend of mine is an authorized MR (as well as other things) dealer.

Sorry for the long and probably boring post.

10. fettpride

Point of view I suppose. Otherwise, I'd have to say that it didn't sound like you
    heard a word I said (or typed in this case) .... :lol

It's people like you that screw with people at random up here for no reason that give the RPF a bad name. You should have been ignored ... my bad I suppose :lol

What a waste of time ... :rolleyes

FP

11. fettpride

No need to apologize. You make a very good point. I never looked at it
    this way. Thanks for explaining it in detail. And more importantly, thanks
    for doing it like a gentleman ;)

FP

12. Darth Bill

T'ain't "random" and t'ain't for "no reason", junior.

I've been been watching you and Panth... uhh, Pnath.. uhh.. that guy whine like mules at Amy (Aaaanswer us..... Whyyyy won't you answer a simple queeessssstion, Aaaaaamyyyyy???..) every single time talk about these frickin' helmets comes up.

It's old.

Get over it.

Life sucks. Wear a %#$&ing helmet. :lol

I repeat: SHE'S HERE AS A COURTESY. NOTHING MORE.

Your idea of "common sense" is anything but common. :lol

Now I'm officially done with you.

Just going back to waiting for my helmet to arrive shortly after the 9th 'cause, well, *I* used actual common sense.

(Cue fettpride's waaahhh-mbulance in 3....2....)

Russ

13. msmjr2003

msmjr2003 New Member

Got this notice also.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  14. fettpride

You're a real (insert real explative here) piece of work
    there big guy. :confused

To have this kind of an attitude with someone
    you don't even know ... for no good reason ...

Classic case of "Keyboard muscles" friend :lol ....

FIN

15. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Well FP, I can understand your frustration with the wait....but I don't understand why those who ordered through Target would get 1st dibs. Like Montagar said, I think the issue is with Target and not MR.

Hopefully, the factory has cranked a bunch of the lids out and we'll all get them soon.

I just hope the rumor of the helmet being smaller than an OT lid is unfounded and I can get the thing on my melon. :D

16. fettpride

Well, apparently my reasoning as to 'Why" I felt Target orders should have been fulfilled first, didn't come across very clear. However, as I eluded to in an above post (between the pointless banter) , I do feel that the way Montagar explained it put in better perspective for me. It makes very reasonable sense. It's a real shame however, that Target early birds didn't have the "Common Sense" (err, uh psychic ability) to see that the Target orders were a blunder, so that they could have ordered it direct much later. But it is how the cookie crumbles as they say ...

Well said ... I couldn't agree more :)

17. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

does it really matter who gets theirs first??? Just as long as your finally getting it, just be happy

18. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Yup......and whoever does had better post pix right away... :D :p

19. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

I am a CS 2005 member. I called MR twice and was told twice to NOT cancel my Target order, as it was first come, first serve, even though Target jumped the gun. I had been expecting them to tell me to drop the Target order and put in the CS only early order on MR's website. As stated, I was told to keep the Target order by MR themselves on two different occasions.

I called again today, again I was told the Target orders from April will still be honoured first come, first serve along with the MR orders. All there is to do now is wait and see.

20. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

For all we know, Target.com didn't even submit the earlybird orders to MR until the official MR pre-order date. I wouldn't sweat it........it'll come soon enough.

Dave

21. AT-AT Luvah

AT-AT Luvah Sr Member

Precisely. It'll come when it comes.

Oh, and let me just chime in with something. I can already see the seeds of disappointment being planted with comments like 'I hope this helmet fits on my melon.'

Let's just say it now - it most likely will not. Nor should it be required to do so.

Master Replicas has produced, promised, and will deliver EXACTLY what it said it would: and exact replica of the filming helmet as worn by Hayden Christensen.

Since the helmet was molded directly from Hayden's head (see the bonus disc on the OT DVD box set), I would certainly EXPECT the helmet to be smaller than the OT helmets.

Have you seen Prowse's noggin? It's huge. Hayden is smaller. The helmet will be smaller.

MR did not advertise a one size fits all helmet.

Let's start managing our expectations, guys. With respect and love,

Hector

22. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....I had stated this in good humour...I hope it does fit my melon...it ain't that big. :D

The reason for that remark, was that there was speculation that the ROTS helmet was made smaller than the OT lids.

However, I personally don't think that the shell was made smaller.....that would require too much engineering and then it would look off.....besides being symmetrical. :p I think there's just more padding inside the helmet to cradle Hayden's noggin' better. Worst case.......padding can be removed.....

Apart from that, my expectations are pretty high for a close to $1000 item.

23. AT-AT Luvah

AT-AT Luvah Sr Member

I know, Kev.

Believe me, I was not slamming you.

I was just trying (most likely in vain) to stem the onslaught of threads proclaiming the helmet a sham, a fiasco, a failure, or a disappointment because it doesn't fit the owner's head.

It's an uphill battle, I realize.

Sigh.

Peace out, my brutha.

24. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

No worries buddy. I'm personally very stoked to get this lid....I'm sure it will be a fantastic helmet. I think people just get frustrated with the delays and then when it finally does arrive, there are some intent on ripping it apart. ( a la Clone Trooper helmet show off thread). Whatever.....different strokes....

Cheers. :D

25. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

It's probably not much consolation, but I did see one of the prototypes at the MR kiosk in the Sunvalley Mall (even touched it. Oooooh....). The thing is still pretty big. If it didn't fit, the reason would probably be the padding inside. If you just HAD to wear it then, I'm sure you could modify the inside enough to get it to fit. I'm not really too worried about it not fitting from what I've seen.

I'm sure the second someone posts a picture of theirs just after it arrives, then the crys of "It's not accurate" will begin to fly. As long as they've smoothed out the paint and little bumps I saw on the proto's helmet, I will have nothing to complain about. It's a beautiful piece.

26. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....did you get to snap any pix of it?

27. msmjr2003

msmjr2003 New Member

Gosh, I'm right there with you. As if my steady stream of posts hasn't let on, I've been waiting to own something like this since 197garble garble garble. :)

No rip-roarin' posts will come from me (unless the thing arrives broken.)

28. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

So.... has anyone received notification that they're still shipping this week?

29. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

My MR rep has stated that he should be shipping them out in the next week or so.....

30. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I guess Borg Drone can forget trying to wear his... :)

31. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

anyone got theirs yet or are will all still waiting?

32. BoBoDohn

Still "Processing" :(

33. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

Any news? Why would they bother sending out that notice last week?

34. msmjr2003

msmjr2003 New Member

On another forum this evening (16 Jan 05), MRCUSTOMERCARE said that they are going out in batches.

35. Megatron

Megatron Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

still waitting to see the bill and then I will know it shipped. But I've waitted longer for other things.

36. soltic

soltic Active Member

Got my updated shipping notice this morning - supposedly shipping IMMEDIATELY.

Oh yeah.

'Course it was supposed to have shipped 10 days ago..... :confused

37. BoBoDohn

Yep... Order status "fulfilled"

:)

38. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

I don't quite understnad how this works...

If I check my account it says "Fullfilment ID" followed by a number...

Does this mean the Vader has shipped? I've not received a tracking number yet.

:eek:(

39. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

This situation with the vader helmets has been odd the whole time. Seems like it keeps getting weirder.

40. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just to set things strait. Being a dealer myself, I spoke with some higher ups at MR. The Vader helmets are currently being shipped, that is true. BUT they are currently being shipped to New Jersey where MR's ware house is. THey are not being shipped to the customers and dealers as of yet.. Dealers have been allocated their lots for the signature series but the helmets are not authorized to ship from MASTER REPLICAS till the last of this month or early Feb. I was under the impression that they were shipping on the 9th to everyone too.

To my customers who I have told they are shipping now, I apologise..
    Hang in there.... these are worth the wait.

41. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

BUMMER.....oh well, I've waited this long.....what's another month? :p

Scott, what about the non-sig lids?

42. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shipping dates are the same for all the Vader editions.

43. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

I just don't understand why they would send out these e-mails saying they are in the warehouse and ready to ship.....

.....maybe they like dangling the carrot.

44. msmjr2003

msmjr2003 New Member

Respectfully Sir, could you help me understand the MR promise of "we won't charge you until it ships?" I can confirm that I have been charged for the helmet...wouldn't that lead one to suspect that it is shipping to me? Or do you suspect that this promise means that we charge just to ship it from A to B, then finally to C?

Little experience with MR....

45. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Vader Helmet, non-sig(s) version, is on its way.

*Recieved tracking number today*

46. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

ohboyohboyohboyohboy..... :D

47. StarWars Collector

StarWars Collector Well-Known Member

Oh nooo... :D my poor CC :D Looking for sponsors... :D