MR Vader Helmet Shipping Notice Received

BoBoDohn

Received the Email this morning. I ordered the regular version, so I'm not sure if the sig version is also shipping then....

Originally posted by BoBoDohn@Dec 29 2005, 08:41 AM
Received the Email this morning.  I ordered the regular version, so I'm not sure if the sig version is also shipping then....
[snapback]1145833[/snapback]​

Woohoo.

Originally posted by fettpride@Dec 29 2005, 06:54 AM
Sounds like the Target "Early Birds" get screwed after-all :lol

FP
[snapback]1145839[/snapback]​

Yep.... no wonder they would not answer that question on the forum. How very weasley....

Why do you feel anyone who pre-ordered with Target should get special treatment...?? :confused

Target jumped the gun with their solicitation.

Sheesh. :rolleyes

They weren't supposed to have their webpage up (much less take pre-orders) before MR had their own webpage/solicitation up.

Kudos to MR for actually honouring the pre-orders instead of having Target cancel and resolicit (which they could have done) but to think MR has an obligation to ship helmets to Target before taking care of their customers first...???

Once again, sheesh.

"Waiter? Reality check, please." :lol

Russ

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Dec 29 2005, 03:04 PM
Why do you feel anyone who pre-ordered with Target should get special treatment...??   :confused

Target jumped the gun with their solicitation.

Sheesh.   :rolleyes

They weren't supposed to have their webpage up (much less take pre-orders) before MR had their own webpage/solicitation up.

Kudos to MR for actually honouring the pre-orders instead of having Target cancel and resolicit (which they could have done) but to think MR has an obligation to ship helmets to Target before taking care of their customers first...???

Once again, sheesh.

"Waiter? Reality check, please."  :lol

Russ
[snapback]1146218[/snapback]​

Actually, I would expect that MR would honor these orders first. Why? Because these orders were actually placed first. Common sense. Sheesh. :rolleyes

Otherwise the proper thing would have been to make Target send notification to these customers admitting to an error in advertising, after all they had MONTHS to do so. I for one would have been fine with hearing this early on ... I could have then set a REALISTIC expectation as to when I could actually place my order ... and would have been one of the first in line ordering it when everyone else did. Sheesh. :rolleyes

You don't penalize a your customer base for and advertising error. Just because it was Target that jumped the gun, doesn't mean that MR is not just as much at fault for not demanding a correction while there was still plenty of time to do so. You either fix it, or eat humble pie and honor it. And honoring it would be no different than if you were waiting in any other line, say at the theater, or fast food joint. First come, first serve. Our society is built on this. Wouldn't you be the first one to offer up a big fat lip to someone that cut in front of you in a line? I would hope so. It's not a matter of "Special Treatment" as you say ... Sheesh. :rolleyes

To come up here and blast those that are a little pissed about this with an attitude is ridiculous. We're all entitled to speak up about something if it upsets us. All we ever asked for was a response from MR about it. And we were ignored. We had just as much right to have such a small question answered, as those that asked why their Clone Helmets didn't have yellow mowhawks, knowing full well that MR and any other manufacturer disclaims that specifications may change without notice. Yet they sure jumped to answer those questions didn't they? :rolleyes

I think your post was uncalled for, and in poor taste.

FP

Originally posted by fettpride@Dec 30 2005, 12:19 AM

Actually, I would expect that MR would honor these orders first. Why? Because these orders were actually placed first. Common sense.  Sheesh.  :rolleyes

Otherwise the proper thing would have been to make Target send notification to these customers admitting to an error in advertising, after all they had MONTHS to do so. I for one would have been fine with hearing this early on ... I could have then set a REALISTIC expectation as to when I could actually place my order ... and would have been one of the first in line ordering it when everyone else did.  Sheesh.  :rolleyes

You don't penalize a your customer base for and advertising error. Just because it was Target that jumped the gun, doesn't mean that MR is not just as much at fault for not demanding a correction while there was still plenty of time to do so. You either fix it, or eat humble pie and honor it. And honoring it would be no different than if you were waiting in any other line, say at the theater, or fast food joint. First come, first serve. Our society is built on this. Wouldn't you be the first one to offer up a big fat lip to someone that cut in front of you in a line? I would hope so. It's not a matter of "Special Treatment" as you say ... Sheesh.  :rolleyes

To come up here and blast those that are a little pissed about this with an attitude is ridiculous. We're all entitled to speak up about something if it upsets us. All we ever asked for was a response from MR about it. And we were ignored. We had just as much right to have such a small question answered, as those that asked why their Clone Helmets didn't have yellow mowhawks, knowing full well that MR and any other manufacturer disclaims that specifications may change without notice. Yet they sure jumped to answer those questions didn't they? :rolleyes

I think your post was uncalled for, and in poor taste.

FP
[snapback]1146312[/snapback]​

"Ignored"... :lol

They're not obligated to answer you here.
Amy shows up as a COURTESY.

Got a problem?

E-mail them at their website and vent. Otherwise... :rolleyes

And I love this...

Wouldn't you be the first one to offer up a big fat lip to someone that cut in front of you in a line? I would hope so.

Funny.

You want the "special treatment" but that's EXACTLY WHAT TARGET DID TO MR.
They figuratively "cut in line" for MR's solicitaions....

Go on, tough guy.

Go give Target a fat lip. :lol

I found your post to be uncalled for and in poor logic. :lol

Russ

*** I do not work for MR or any of it's subsidiaries, I do not personally know any of the employees past or present. (I am making this disclaimer because I don't want to be accused a being a MR mole, lackey, pawn, apologist, etc.) ***
Actually, I would expect that MR would honor these orders first. Why? Because these orders were actually placed first. Common sense. Sheesh. rolleyes.gif
Not necessarily.

I understand the frustration that you all must feel having placed an order for this helmet from Target and not knowing what's going to happen with it, but I think that maybe some clarification as to how the whole MR dealer/customer thing works is needed.

If you placed an order with Target then MR doesn't know you from Adam, only Target knows who you are. Your beef is with Target not MR. Just because orders were placed with Target early on doesn't mean that you have an order with MR from that date. Dealers were told what the start date for taking orders on this item was, and for some reason Target chose to ignore it.

I donÂ’t think that MR should be directly commenting on orders placed with dealers, and I donÂ’t think that MR should comment on where Target is in the order queue. Depending on the size of the order that Target placed with MR, how does MR know how many of those are sold with customers waiting for delivery or just for stock purposes (the helmet is still listed on their web site for pre-order)? Should MR make sure to fill Target's entire order regardless of when it was placed just because Target chose to ignore the dealer sale date? There are plenty of dealers and direct purchase customers that placed their orders on the first day that orders were being taken, that is the order queue that should be respected and depending on when Target placed their order they will get their product and distribute it to it's customers accordingly.

If you pre-order a helmet from a dealer and that dealer decides to wait to put an order in with MR you are stuck with whatever place in the order queue that the dealer ends up with. There is only so much that MR can do to control what dealers do. I have a feeling this is why MR has made the LE items direct purchase only, so that they can control how and when the LE items are put up for sale and filled (also to control the selling price, but that is a different discussion).

I do not have any direct knowledge of what deal was set up with Target, although I know that in most cases dealing with very large retailers like Target/Walmart/KMart there is a feeling of "you are lucky that we are choosing to sell your product", so that could be why MR was unable to get Target to honor the proper sale date.

I know of the workings of the MR/dealer relationship because a good friend of mine is an authorized MR (as well as other things) dealer.

Sorry for the long and probably boring post.

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Dec 29 2005, 06:57 PM

Point of view I suppose. Otherwise, I'd have to say that it didn't sound like you
heard a word I said (or typed in this case) .... :lol

It's people like you that screw with people at random up here for no reason that give the RPF a bad name. You should have been ignored ... my bad I suppose :lol

What a waste of time ... :rolleyes

FP

Originally posted by Montagar@Dec 29 2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry for the long and probably boring post.
[snapback]1146378[/snapback]​

No need to apologize. You make a very good point. I never looked at it
this way. Thanks for explaining it in detail. And more importantly, thanks
for doing it like a gentleman ;)

FP

Originally posted by fettpride@Dec 30 2005, 02:05 AM

It's people like you that screw with people at random up here for no reason that give the RPF a bad name. You should have been ignored ... my bad I suppose :lol

T'ain't "random" and t'ain't for "no reason", junior.

I've been been watching you and Panth... uhh, Pnath.. uhh.. that guy whine like mules at Amy (Aaaanswer us..... Whyyyy won't you answer a simple queeessssstion, Aaaaaamyyyyy???..) every single time talk about these frickin' helmets comes up.

It's old.

Get over it.

Life sucks. Wear a %#$&ing helmet. :lol

I repeat: SHE'S HERE AS A COURTESY. NOTHING MORE.

Your idea of "common sense" is anything but common. :lol

Now I'm officially done with you.

Just going back to waiting for my helmet to arrive shortly after the 9th 'cause, well, *I* used actual common sense.

(Cue fettpride's waaahhh-mbulance in 3....2....)

Russ

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Dec 29 2005, 07:36 PM
[snapback]1146410[/snapback]​

You're a real (insert real explative here) piece of work
there big guy. :confused

To have this kind of an attitude with someone
you don't even know ... for no good reason ...

Classic case of "Keyboard muscles" friend :lol ....

FIN

Well FP, I can understand your frustration with the wait....but I don't understand why those who ordered through Target would get 1st dibs. Like Montagar said, I think the issue is with Target and not MR.

Hopefully, the factory has cranked a bunch of the lids out and we'll all get them soon.

I just hope the rumor of the helmet being smaller than an OT lid is unfounded and I can get the thing on my melon. :D

Originally posted by KevVader@Dec 29 2005, 07:59 PM
Well FP, I can understand your frustration with the wait....but I don't understand why those who ordered through Target would get 1st dibs. Like Montagar said, I think the issue is with Target and not MR.
[snapback]1146427[/snapback]​

Well, apparently my reasoning as to 'Why" I felt Target orders should have been fulfilled first, didn't come across very clear. However, as I eluded to in an above post (between the pointless banter) , I do feel that the way Montagar explained it put in better perspective for me. It makes very reasonable sense. It's a real shame however, that Target early birds didn't have the "Common Sense" (err, uh psychic ability) to see that the Target orders were a blunder, so that they could have ordered it direct much later. But it is how the cookie crumbles as they say ...

Originally posted by KevVader@Dec 29 2005, 07:59 PM
Hopefully, the factory has cranked a bunch of the lids out and we'll all get them soon.
[snapback]1146427[/snapback]​

Well said ... I couldn't agree more :)

Originally posted by allosaur176@Dec 29 2005, 10:21 PM
does it really matter who gets theirs first???......
[snapback]1146445[/snapback]​

Yup......and whoever does had better post pix right away... :D :p

I am a CS 2005 member. I called MR twice and was told twice to NOT cancel my Target order, as it was first come, first serve, even though Target jumped the gun. I had been expecting them to tell me to drop the Target order and put in the CS only early order on MR's website. As stated, I was told to keep the Target order by MR themselves on two different occasions.

I called again today, again I was told the Target orders from April will still be honoured first come, first serve along with the MR orders. All there is to do now is wait and see.

For all we know, Target.com didn't even submit the earlybird orders to MR until the official MR pre-order date. I wouldn't sweat it........it'll come soon enough.

Dave

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back