MR Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber Signature Edition.

$499 & Free Shipping.*
Collectors Society On Sale:
January 24, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale Date:
January 26, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
Expected to begin shipping
Early Spring 2006

*Free domestic ground shipping
Expedited orders and international orders will receive a discount on shipping costs at checkout.

For the first time own an accurate, fully licensed replica of Luke Skywalker’s iconic Jedi weapon as seen onscreen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope—complete with a customized plaque autographed by Luke Skywalker himself: actor Mark Hamill. This signature edition replica is accurate in every detail and features the correct positioning of the mid-band clamp as it was seen onscreen. Our previously released Elite Edition featured details that were seen only on the lightsaber prop used for publicity photos, in addition to being constructed from stainless steel.

Replicated from Lucasfilm archival materials and a direct study of an original antique flashgun and sourced parts used on the filming prop, each replica features:

* Machined and extruded aluminum and brass parts
* Seven co-molded injection molded grips
* Injection molded plastic detailed parts
* Museum quality display case with mirrored base and acrylic cover
* Certificate of authenticity
* Numbered plaque autographed by
Mark Hamill
* Limited to only 750 pieces

If you prefer the prop without Mark HamillÂ’s signature, the Limited Edition version is available only through Master Replicas retail partners as a Retailer Exclusive and features:

* Machined and extruded aluminum and brass parts
* Seven co-molded injection molded grips
* Injection molded plastic detailed parts
* Museum quality display case with mirrored base
and acrylic cover
* Numbered plaque and certificate of authenticity

Could some people in the know, possibly contrast this saber with the ELite saber. In regards to the clamp, it looks like it is on the opposite side of the saber. Is there anything else?

So what is the difference between this and making a replica from a real graflex??? Probably about $250.00 thats the only difference I see.

I agree. I had trouble figuring the worth of the Eilte Obi Wan TPM and that's custom machined. This someone could make a replica of from a Graflex and parts on eBay. If you are a really good craftsmen you could probably surpass the quality as well.

Originally posted by Obi-TN@Jan 20 2006, 06:30 PM
Could some people in the know, possibly contrast this saber with the ELite saber. In regards to the clamp, it looks like it is on the opposite side of the saber. Is there anything else?
[snapback]1164120[/snapback]​

Not in the know by any means, but if you read the above pasted description:

This signature edition replica is accurate in every detail and features the correct positioning of the mid-band clamp as it was seen onscreen. Our previously released Elite Edition featured details that were seen only on the lightsaber prop used for publicity photos, in addition to being constructed from stainless steel.

The sig edition's metal parts are brass and aluminum.

Well, the clamp position is definitely screen accurate as opposed to the more widely accepted post production photo position.

The sig edition is more accurate in that an original graflex is actually plated brass, not the stainless steel of the EE. I only wish they had left the bands on the clamp, even if they omitted "graflex".

Though you could always build an accurate saber from a real graflex for a lot less. I guess that's the dilema, which do you prefer? The accuracy of using the same parts the movie did or the collectibility of an LFL approved replica?

-Fred

Originally posted by Gigatron@Jan 21 2006, 04:51 AM
The sig edition is more accurate in that an original graflex is actually plated brass, not the stainless steel of the EE.  I only wish they had left the bands on the clamp, even if they omitted "graflex".
[snapback]1164272[/snapback]​

The bands should still be there. They are on the EE.
They would not be visible in the e-mail photo because of the point of view.

product.gif

This is a link directly to what they emailed me.

Experience teaches this might not be an exact representation of the final product.

Thanks for the pic Gokarosama...

Hey, cool Avatar :)

Does anyone know how much the non signature edition is?

Well, I did compare my EE with this pic of the LE

I really do not see much differance, only the clamp position and it is a little bit less shiny, but that´s it. What I really do not like is taht the edition size of the SE is only 750, while the EE was 1000, but well.....

Domenik

Originally posted by Sporak@Jan 21 2006, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know how much the non signature edition is?
My dealer just informed me that the non-signature LE version has an MSRP of $369.00 and that it is only being sold through resellers.

Originally posted by dualedge@Jan 24 2006, 11:18 AM
Do we have any idea what the edition size is going to be on the non-sig version or is it going to be one of those "open-ended" limited editions that have been mentioned before? I'm definitely NOT spending an extra $150 for Mark Hamill's signature...
[snapback]1166811[/snapback]​
Open-ended.

It's so not worth it. The saber and case are worth, at most, $250. The signature is not worth $250 more. It is, again, at most, worth $100 since that's how much Hamill's sig goes for on Wattographs, etc.

I can't believe people are getting suckered into these SEs.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back