Movie Magic - Deep Space 9

That was the best part of Sunday mornings back when it was on Discovery. They'd show it and then go into boring nature shows.

I had totally forgotten about the show until I stumbled onto the Youtube clips. That show is probably responsible for my love of 'behind the scenes' footage that most films come with these days.

When you see these videos (which are marvelous, by the way) it makes you realize how long ago that show was (16 yrs!!). Yet, one of the beauties of Star Trek is that they are almost timeless in their relevance. I just finished watching this whole series again for the third time, and I never felt like it was dated or 'an old show', if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the great links!

I couldn't agree more! Having a basis in science fact rather than strictly science fiction helps keep the stories realistic...though being set in the 24th century means that we've got a long ways to go until we can complain that we still don't have replicators!! LOL!!

Glad you enjoyed the links!

When you see these videos (which are marvelous, by the way) it makes you realize how long ago that show was (16 yrs!!). Yet, one of the beauties of Star Trek is that they are almost timeless in their relevance. I just finished watching this whole series again for the third time, and I never felt like it was dated or 'an old show', if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the great links!

I'll second that. I'm running through TNG marathon on Netflix right now and it still holds up remarkably well. I was pleasantly surprised that even the first two seasons weren't as dodgy as I was expecting.

Anxiously awaiting getting to DS9 in the marathon. I initially hated the show, but around the time they got the First Contact uniforms I got hooked. I don't have the same nostalgia filter for DS9 as TNG so I'm hoping to be even more pleasantly surprised.

I got sucked into watching a bunch of Movie Magic videos after the DS9 videos. And I thought I was going to bed soon...

I loved watching movie magic as a kid. I guess nowadays it would just be a stylus tapping up and down in a room lit only by the glow of computer screens.

I've said for a long time that great programming has largely been lost. Modern Marvels is still a fav of mine, but I'd really love to see Movie Magic make a come back. I'm sure there's enough interest out there to support a show like that.

Modern Marvels gets a bit dull but i love all 20+ editions of Engineering disasters they've done and the doomsday tech episodes. Everything's a reality show now, the documentary style show format is dead and gone i fear.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back