MotorCityComicCon

I'm hoping to be there around noon. A friend of mine is one of the wrestlers and he goes at noon.

But, coming from the eastside to the westside and the nephew doesn't get out of church til 11.... ugh.

Heard you guys went to American Coney Island, now you got to hit Buddy's Pizza!! Blows that Chicago style outta the water!

We are going to the 12:45 Billy Dee Williams panel which is next to the wrestlers so maybe we will catch you before!

LOL we do have lots of pics. I will have to get them posted soon!

I don't know how folks did 3 days of this. I was there about four hours with my nephew in tow and I'm exhausted - of course, the excesses of the night before may've had a bit to do with that.

I wasn't thrilled with this years line up... the guests where third tier at best. Yeah, we got Billy Dee and that's cool... but the rest just seemed 'meh.' I even spoke with organizer a month or two ago because after making a similar comment on Facebook.

But, man - the guests didn't matter, this place was packed. I've been going for years and this is the first year I've actually had to wait in line to buy a ticket! More costumers this year and there just seemed to be a bit more going on.

Sad to say, I didn't meet any of my RPF brethern. That was disappointing (I even brought a gift!)... Detroit Fanfare looks like they're lining up something this cool this fall (David Prowse), so let's try again in October! (Of course, it looks like it falls the same darn weekend as the Bowling Fundraiser I do :angry ).

So sorry we missed you JD! We were looking!! Lol

Definitely a packed place despite the guest list. I was there all 3 days and saw some great panels, fantastic costumes, and just had a wonderful time!

I'm on a train now going back home to Chicago but I will definitely have to post some pics and vids

So sorry we missed you JD! We were looking!! Lol

Definitely a packed place despite the guest list. I was there all 3 days and saw some great panels, fantastic costumes, and just had a wonderful time!

I'm on a train now going back home to Chicago but I will definitely have to post some pics and vids
I was looking for you guys too. I had a 7 year old with me - and like most kids the attention span is pretty short, so we moved around a bit.

I spent way too much money in a very short period of time. I did pick up my first Sonic Screwdriver and a HiC silicone mold that I've wanted forever for some reason... I forgot to go back and check out the stuffed Alien face hugger.

I hope you guys ejoyed your visits to Detroit. Novi and Wixom can be soooo scary :lol.

303000d1271643726-1997-s500-black-black-thread-useless-without-pictures.jpg

I have three pics - one each of my nephew with Iron Man and/or a Dalek and one of the line. Not really much to it.

the line to get tickets - I've gone to the show for years and years and this is the first time I've had to wait in line for tickets.
attachment.php

Le nephew and Iron Man.
attachment.php

Le nephew and a Dalek:
attachment.php

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back