Motor City Comic Con - Detroit, May 2015

MCCC just announced they are now charging for the costume contest. It's only a $5 entry fee and it says it is to offer the winner $500, but there is no way I would ever pay to enter their contest. It's a train wreck, poorly run and last year we were told if we left the area, we'd be disqualified, but they acknowledged that it would be at least two hours before our portion of the contest would begin.

In all likeliness I should be there with my girlfriend, We're planning a Deadpool/Domino combo. Sorry to hear about all the grief and drama the organizers have caused, never realized it's gotten that bad. I can tell you there is absolutely no way I'll be entering the contest. Not going to give them my money just to waste time that could be spent shopping or going to panels.

So I have my Friday and Saturday costumes down but still debating about Sunday. Right now for Sunday I am torn between Mara Jade and steampunk. Friday is Liv (Gwen) from iZombie and Saturday is, of course, Viking Batgirl.

Who will I see there?

I'm gonna try to be there one day. If I can get away from my folks that are in town for the weekend that is. I really only want to say hi to dawn wells before I miss her for good. I'll be dressing up as Ryan. You know that guy from the Neighborhood that likes soft pretzels & roller derby. He is kinda a big deal. Ha I would like to meet some other members too of course. So I'll message misty if I can make it one of the days.

Speaking of roller derby... I maaaaaaaaay be on roller skates on Sunday. I dunno. It is far too insanely packed on Saturday for skates and they don't go with my Friday costume.

Look for me there. Saturday I will be Viking Batgirl. I'm gonna take a leap and say I'll likely be the only one there. :) Definitely come find me. If there was a day we were all going I'd say we should have picked a time/place.

Chances are I'll also be doing a the lazy mans Superboy on one of my off days. Not really anything impressive, but easy to shop in ^.^

Anyone planning on going to their afterparty? It's always hit and miss. Some years it's been insane and fun and some of the media guests even come join, some years it's been people standing around in a hallway wondering where to go instead. Some friends and I are gonna give it a try and if it sucks, we're gonna go hunt down some karaoke.

I saw you guys! But you were swamped with people taking pictures so I didn't get to come over and say hi. If I see you today I will make sure to! I'll be Viking Batgirl today.

No that wasn't me. I'll be there on SUNDAY. That was Josh's roommate Bryan (the LITTLEST Predator LOL).

Anyone planning on going to their afterparty? It's always hit and miss. Some years it's been insane and fun and some of the media guests even come join, some years it's been people standing around in a hallway wondering where to go instead. Some friends and I are gonna give it a try and if it sucks, we're gonna go hunt down some karaoke.

Josh and I are coming to the After Party Tonight. I'll be wearing my Selene outfit:

Awesome, see you tonight. I may still be viking Batgirl, but if I change I'll be wearing my 'And then Buffy staked Edward, the end' shirt.

Heading out to the con now.

Me and my girlfriend today. I saw plenty of great ones, unfortunately got a little burned out and took off around 5:30ish

uploadfromtaptalk1431820908572.jpg

I went just on Saturday and had a great time. Here's a music video I made from pics & video I took at the con.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome video! I actually was coming here to share my friend's video:

(I'm in this one twice, once as Viking Batgirl around 1:40 and once about a minute or so later as Liv from iZombie. Next year I might do the on-camera interviews. I've done a lot of co-hosting for his youtube channel.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos, thanks for sharing. The con didnt look like it was super busy or packed. Wish I was able to make it this year.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back