More unhappiness from Shadowdale Creations

Valen

As a newcomer I had not read the numerous threads about how ShadowDale has provided bad service to people in this community since time immemorial. For the sake of other newcomers I will say that they are continuing in their lack of professionalism. I ordered the Babylon 5 hand communicator and it arrived with paint smeared everywhere (which is still smearing everywhere and hasn't dried) and with a large crack splitting it in two. I tried to save it by taking some of the paint off and trying to glue it back together, but there really is no saving it.

I had heard that people in general have to go through great struggles to get their money back and that the best strategy is to line your messages with some kind of threat, so I said I would file with the credit card company if they didn't give me a refund. They said they would refund me. However the lack of an email address posted anywhere wasted a good amount of my time. I have also not yet seen the refund go through and it annoys me that I will have to keep checking on it because I do not trust that they will actually conduct the refund, based on the experiences of so many people here. It could be that I will have to file the claim anyway, and if this comes to pass I will inform the general public here.

To sum up, I now join your hallowed ranks of people reposting every few years that ShadowDale Creations should be avoided. Now let us hope they do not block my refund out of retaliation.

In the meantime, can you recommend a good maker of B5 links (aka hand communicators)? I have not been wooed by the ones on eBay nor Etsy.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 361
I would not even waste my time contacting them except once asking for a refund they will drag it out until your credit card company’s time limit on filing fraudulent claims will expire.

Just deal with your credit card company

As far as the link that’s a tough one maybe someone here will step up and point you in the right direction

They have taken no action to initiate a refund. I have asked my credit card company to dispute the charge. Thanks, Apollo, your suggestion will help me get justice faster than me sitting around and possibly forgetting about it.

Wow, how a piece looking that bad made it out the door is beyond me. Hopefully you'll find a resolution soon.

Are you after rigid or flexible for your link? I've had fairly accurate 3D files for a while now and would be glad to print and finish one for you if you PM me your shipping details. Probably be a week or so until it warms up enough to paint it, but I feel for anyone who's had to deal with SDC. If you want flexible, that'd take longer -- I need to get more silver TPU filament.

I just wanted to update the RPF world and say that your suspicions were correct. Shadowdale never made any attempt to initiate the refund. Your advice to immediately open a claim and have no faith in them was the right advice. They are cheats and not to be trusted.

SOP for those thieves good to hear you got your money back

I just wanted to update the RPF world and say that your suspicions were correct. Shadowdale never made any attempt to initiate the refund. Your advice to immediately open a claim and have no faith in them was the right advice. They are cheats and not to be trusted.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back