MonCal Boushh research / progress

MonCal

Update 8/12/16:
I realize a lot of my photo links are broken. In November, 2015 the two photo hosts we had been using both dropped our photos, completely by coincidence as they were different hosts.

We are slowly working on this and if you search for my username you will notice how many threads I have and how many photos have been fixed and how many are left. This thread is one of the oldest and these photos are among the more difficult to fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I had this info posted under someone else's topic so I thought since I've made some new discoveries I should create my own thread :)... I'll paste the same old info here with some new discoveries at the bottom.

WARNING: PICTURE INTENSIVE.</span>

There are 24 pictures to follow. Please be patient to allow them to load. If the red x appears try right clicking and selecting "show picture"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've done a fair amount of research on this costume over the years and have located almost all of the accurate greeblies. Here are the parts I can make in resin for those wanting to scratch build their suits:

<span style="color:#FF0000">EDIT:
8/26/06 There are new discoveries and updated pieces further down the page :)

modelkit39sm8br.jpg
(broken link ... to be fixed)

The pieces in the red square aren't accurate but the closest I could find.
I've spent hundreds of imperial credits collecting these model kits ;)

This has always been one of my absolute favorite costumes along with Boba Fett.

Perhaps there is someone who is good at kitbashing models and can help me to locate the few pieces I haven't found yet. Anyway, here are pics of my research. I've had to acquire some valuable model kits to make these..

First, I'll show pics of the model kit and each piece in relation to a piece on the costume. Then there will be pics of the model parts labeled and then molded.

modelkit051bc.jpg

modelkit062yc.jpg

modelkit073ze.jpg

modelkit088kf.jpg

THe vader piece is also used as the "t-bits" on the bikerscout.

modelkit16sm4wj.jpg

modelkit20sm1bl.jpg

modelkit22sm4zn.jpg

modelkit26sm2cm.jpg

modelkit27sm3xm.jpg

modelkit30sm1og.jpg

modelkit33sm2lk.jpg

modelkit34sm3cy.jpg

Here is a pic of the bandolier so you can reference it to the pic above:

boushh84xm.jpg

momboushh33bt.jpg

I've since upgraded the harrier part :

modelkit38sm6dm.jpg

It's the original version of the model.

It is to replace the piece I already had with a complete one :

modelkit371sm2pj.jpg

I've also noticed a few more parts:

lfl1268sm8du.jpg

boushhtank0312at.jpg

momboushh56si.jpg

momboushh47mm.jpg

momboushh61uf.jpg

I've discovered several more parts :) ... not all of them but just about. I plan to make the entire bandolier assembly available for folks to upgrade their boushh outfits :) ... I know wifey is getting more and more antzy every time I discover a piece :shock:

mybandolier01sm0pe.jpg

mybandolier02sm7bd.jpg

I've actually found a couple other parts that I haven't had a chance to show in pics yet ... as soon as I can get the bandolier completely built maybe :)

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ Jun 5 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1256417[/snapback]</div>
WOW..... I am totally impressed. AWESOME WORK CAL... :thumbsup
[/b]

Thanks... :)

Every time I discover a piece it's like Christmas ;) hehe. ... or I don't know if you've ever been hunting for artifacts / Indian arrowheads or anything but it's kinda like that. When I used to find an arrowhead in the desert as a kid I would jump up and down screaming. :) ....
Well I don't quite get that excited but it is cool to find another piece.

I am almost satisfied with everything I've located ... just a couple more little pieces and I'm going to start sculpting the helmet and armor. I've been waiting for years just because I wanted to find all / or mostly all of the pieces so I could make the suit as close as possible. Now that C4 is confirmed I have a new goal for this year ;) .... or rather my wife has a new goal for me :eek

Impressive. . . most impressive. :)
I have always been a big bounty hunter fan, and after Boba Fett, Boushh is a close second. I'd love to do a Boushh helmet sometime when I have the funds.

MonCal, you are the man. i've been trying to locate those bandolier pieces (main bodies) for some time now and have had no luck. What kits are they from? Are you going to be making those pieces available as well? Keep up the great detective work.

steveo

WOW, I´m completly :wacko

this is the most comprehensive collection of boushh parts i´ve ever seen.
MonCal your attention to details and your work on research parts for a lot of star wars characters is unreached.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS INFORMATIONS.
i´m looking forward for this research and for the biker scout also.

keep going. :thumbsup

Hey guys,
Thanks for the compliments.

I haven't made any developments at all. Infact those parts are still sitting on my desk just like in those pics ;)

I need to mold the other boxes for the bandolier and I think I'll have everything to make the whole bandolier in a kit version but .... not quite yet ;)

I'm getting slower and slower these days guys. Please be patient with me ;) hehe

Stunning. simply stunning.

If you ever get those bandolier boxes done, I'd be in for a set for my wifes costume.

I have a really crappy helmet I am having to do a major ton of work on (like remove the whole snout area, and replace it. grrrrrr....) so It'll be a while before I need them.

badger

Looks awesome. If my girfriends heart wasn't so set on putting together an aurra sing costume, this would be the one for her.

Those are some great finds Moncal. I will keep watching this thread closely. :)

Thanks.. :)

I'm sorry I haven't posted any progress. Like I've said, this is a super slow project for me. I've been researching it for several years and want to get it just right before I jump in full bore ;) I could probably make some of the parts now but I just keep trying to find more and more of the real parts first ..... not too many left and I'm gonna go for it ;)

Thanks Steveo :)

I actually have an update on my progress :)

I found a few more pieces so I think I'm about satisfied with the hunt and hope to actually start making the costume :) I actually found some more pieces on the helmet by chance.. which is cool :) ... so I have all but one of those, which should make sculpting the helmet a lot easier. One of the pieces I thought I found earlier was wrong and I have the new one now.... the little fuel tank looking piece on the antenna / scope.

I'll get these bandolier pieces molded up and try to get the whole bandolier assembled soon. I'll be able to make just the top part of this bandolier box if someone wanted to make a Lando costume :)

mybandolier03smzf7.jpg

mybandolier05smmf7.jpg

mybandolier06smqs2.jpg

mybandolier07smdv8.jpg

I will try to get a completed picture up soon of the entire bandolier .. waiting for the molds to cure first ;) If you're interested in details on parts or the entire kit feel free to pm me with questions. thanks :) I'm sorry for not posting new pictures of where the parts come from. There have been 2 people on these prop forums who have taken advantage of my research so they can benefit and they try to make me look like the bad guy. It's obvious I always shared the research up until this happened. Again I apologize for that but if you are curious please feel free to contact me and I'll try to help however I can.

I just pulled the pieces from the molds and need to let them cure for a day and I'll try to get some pictures of the parts when they're ready :) .... might be next week due to limited time ;)

Last edited:
I finally have all the pieces for the bandolier cast.... now I need to paint them and assemble ;)

If you are curious about the parts or are interested in one of these kits please feel free to send me a pm. :)

bandolierkit01smmx3.jpg

bandolierkit02smjn3.jpg

bandolierkit03smuq2.jpg

bandolierkit04smqp5.jpg

bandolierkit05smal6.jpg

bandolierkit06smtf1.jpg

Last edited:
Simply awesome Cal :thumbsup

Judging by your bikerscout armour,your Boushh costume is going to be BEST out there.Your dedication and attention to detail is unparralelled :) I'm very impressed with your research and the fact that you share all your finds.

Good man.

-Paul.

Thanks Paul.. :)

I appreciate your opinions and support. :)

here's what a finished kit can look like :)
... well .. almost finished... at least until I can make the armor.

bandolierkit07smqo5.jpg

bandolierkit08smdf3.jpg

bandolierkit09smil2.jpg

bandolierkit10smok5.jpg

bandolierkit11smtw3.jpg

I will include a stencil for the center armor piece and a tutorial on easy steps to paint and assemble :)

Last edited:
what other pieces have you found on the helmet? I'm very interested as you know. Hopefully you'll post them up as well.

I can't wait until you start your sculpt. This is a very difficult helmet to replicate accurately or even close to accurate, but I'm sure with your talents, it'll look great. As you know, I've agonized over this helmet for many years now. I hope yours gets finished and doesn't take as long as the one I've been working on. Please keep me posted on this.

Steveo

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back