MGC ROTJ E-11

Jeeves

Sr Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to try out Imageshack hosting, and also show off a pic of my MGC-based ROTJ E-11. This thing is about as close as I've come to building a good, solid repro. The rail, hammers, box, and fins were manufactured by folks in the community, while the mount and the sight are actual found items. The scope itself was custom machined (a one-off) based on my drawings, and the talented work of an RPFer. I'm most proud of the scope, naturally - both in it's design, and the paint job, which I hope will come out to some degree in the pic. I've tried to keep the paint work to a mimimum, and that really allows a great deal of depth and variation to the piece. One unfinished bit - the front sight right in front of the scope is just tacked on with velcro - I haven't gotten around to mounting it yet. No glue on this repro - all bolts, including the "rivets" which are actually allen head bolts.

Here's the pic - I may post more if I get a chance.

img57983ng.jpg

Thanks for checking it out....
-Jeeves

Very cool. I have all the metal conversion pieces. I just need the base gun. Sometimes projects take a while to come together. Isn't it great when they do?

Thanks for the comments guys. You are right, I'd been sitting on this project for a LONG time. I finally completed it because I wanted to sell it - but now I really like it. It may eventually end up in the Junkyard at some point, if something I like better comes along...never say never. It's hard to get rid of, though, because the MGC's are so hard to find, and SO expensive. I bet that this is worth more than my real sterling blaster....

Slave 1 - nice rubber repro - that looks great. Whoever did that casting did a much better job that LFL did for their SE blasters.. There's a lot of good detail there. I'd like to see a better shot of the front end if you have a chance. (I do notice that you are missing the sight - I have a repro resin front sight for cheap if you want it.) :)

-Jeeves

Originally posted by Jeeves@Feb 28 2006, 07:34 AM
Slave 1 - nice rubber repro - that looks great. Whoever did that casting did a much better job that LFL did for their SE blasters..  There's a lot of good detail there. I'd like to see a better shot of the front end if you have a chance. (I do notice that you are missing the sight - I have a repro resin front sight for cheap if you want it.) :)
[snapback]1195616[/snapback]​

I'll pass along the compliments concerning the casting.
I didn't see the front sight was missing. We'll see about rectifying that

Which pics do you want?
I'll only have it a little longer
it's on ebay for another 3 & 1/2 hours

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-E-11-ROTJ-ST...ryZ99971QQssPag

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Feb 28 2006, 11:51 PM
CRAZY, how much does it weigh? a buhmillion pounds?
[snapback]1195945[/snapback]​

Not really, it's solid, but the MGC itself is not a brick like a real sterling. The real sterlings have a chunk of steel for a bolt, and a brass scope...now that weighs about a buhmillion pounds....

Here are some more pics.

img57925wc.jpg

img57951ke.jpg

img57965sk.jpg

img58036xx.jpg

-Jeeves

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Feb 28 2006, 03:51 PM
CRAZY, how much does it weigh? a buhmillion pounds?
[snapback]1195945[/snapback]​

Mine weighs like a pound, give or take. :D

The front sight piece isn't missing, we have it. Just didn't put it on.

Forgot all about it. :$

Damn Jeeves that's a beauty. Thanks for all the info. I listed my real MGC Sterling on eBay to see if someone would buy it. I'm in pretty deep on the purchase so we'll see if I can recoupe my money. If it doesn't sell then I guess I am going to have to try to follow in your footsteps and build an all metal ROTJ E-11.

-Jediwannabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back