Limited Run Metal fifth element ZF-1 upgrade kit for Jake's kit

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Attached is the best images I have of the Micro Torch. I believe they're the same photos that James posted: note that they seem to be from 2 different ZF1s, based on the extended/layered white tip and the orange in the hole of the 2-part base on the ZF1 with the White Background.

There's a few "micro torches" on ebay that are "close" (most orange, made by Chicago Electric/Harbor Freight), but they're not quite right: they don't have the 2-part extended base (next to the main body) and have "tube ribs" that are "ridged" not smooth like the one that James shows.

The closest I could find was on Amazon: Blazer GB4001-02. It even has the white end (whether it ships with that, who knows: you never know if you're going to get exactly what's pictured on Amazon or ebay). Here's the link (currently @ $33):

Let me know what you think. :)
Hey,
don't go crazy looking for an orange torch, the orange you see in the hole is the part behind the torch tip. it's an actual hole there :)

Jamesfett, what you call plastic tip is what I call the white/black ceramic, it's actual ceramic there :) It would be awesome if someone found a torch with a white tip, but I think it's getting rare. Even the Proxxon i bought has photos with a white tip everywhere but the current model is black.

thank you guys for the messages and interest :)
cheers

Generalurko

eethan, did you check my Amazon link? The one I found has a white tip and looks pretty exact to me. Let me know if you all think it's the right one, and I'll pick one up for myself.
Here's a link to the manufacturer's page, where you can even zoom in a little to see the details (like the 2-part base I mentioned):

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
eethan, did you check my Amazon link? The one I found has a white tip and looks pretty exact to me. Let me know if you all think it's the right one, and I'll pick one up for myself.
Here's a link to the manufacturer's page, where you can even zoom in a little to see the details (like the 2-part base I mentioned):
yes I checked your link, its one of the models I gave you on my list a few posts back:) its one of the good models, just need to hope you get a white tip :)
cheers

Jamesfett

Sr Member
Interested!!

Lucky #7.

1640923497350.png

Jamesfett

Sr Member
Of course I should really blame Jake and Eethan for my shrunken bank account. Sense a ZF-1 was out of reach I did not want to get any other 5th Element props. Then I was able to snag one of Jake's first two ZF-1 pieces and I went on a 5th element bender. Brand new Korbin Dallas blaster, RussRep Mangalore Grenade, Trophies, Keys, Multi Passes, ZF-1 remote, Cigarettes' dispenser,..oh my.

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Of course I should really blame Jake and Eethan for my shrunken bank account. Sense a ZF-1 was out of reach I did not want to get any other 5th Element props. Then I was able to snag one of Jake's first two ZF-1 pieces and I went on a 5th element bender. Brand new Korbin Dallas blaster, RussRep Mangalore Grenade, Trophies, Keys, Multi Passes, ZF-1 remote, Cigarettes' dispenser,..oh my.
are you sure you are not missing the best ever hand made welded brass fifth element temple key by my wife Wonder Knight? :lol: One of my proudest object in my collection!, seriously!

I can honestly relate. I think the Fifth Element might be my favorite movie ever. The very few prop buys I was able to do this year where all 5th element related except for one :) and I'm so happy to finally have a Zf-1, this was my dream prop and it's so cool to finally have it and be able to upgrade it so easily thanks to Jake's clever thinking!

thank you so much to the last people signing up since yesterday, I really appreciate it. Things are starting to look good here and I'll be able to make my tool and material purchase today as planned, thank you very much for your trust in my work and your quick interest :)

Jamesfett

Sr Member
are you sure you are not missing the best ever hand made welded brass fifth element temple key by my wife Wonder Knight? :lol: One of my proudest object in my collection!, seriously!

:)

I got mine of Etsy through Rbreplicas. Russ' stuff is always amazing.

As far as your key we have a rule here at therpf (Not really, I am just making it up) if you brag you must show,.....props that is.

No clue why this is in large bold.

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got mine of Etsy through Rbreplicas. Russ' stuff is always amazing.

As far as your key we have a rule here at therpf (Not really, I am just making it up) if you brag you must show,.....props that is.

No clue why this is in large bold.
P_20210214_180510.jpg

The best, ever! love it! :)

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Did your wife really make this? This sucks. :( Looks like Russ missed a detail. The wavy piece of wire near the stick. It is wavy but not accurate on mine compared to the real prop which matches yours perfectly.o_O
yes my wife is doing the same job as I'm doing now :) she is Wonder Knight here and on her website. the key is 100% spot on :)

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
it does :) I sent you a PM to keep on track here :)

so, I managed to salavge a tiny bit of space next to the lathe for my new mill in my tiny tiny workshop (12m2), just have to finish the order now and wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, i'll need to build a strong workbench to hold it and then find a way to somehow put the 100kg mill on the workbench when it is delivered :eek:

DSC03446.JPG

but that is exciting!
cheers

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
bumping for interest,
Mill is ordered, additional supplies will be ordered tomorrow evening and it would still help to get a more final number of interest people :)
cheers

Jamesfett

Sr Member
it does :) I sent you a PM to keep on track here :)

so, I managed to salavge a tiny bit of space next to the lathe for my new mill in my tiny tiny workshop (12m2), just have to finish the order now and wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, i'll need to build a strong workbench to hold it and then find a way to somehow put the 100kg mill on the workbench when it is delivered :eek:

View attachment 1528978

but that is exciting!
cheers

This is a purty machine. I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably screw it all up and break it, but it is pretty.

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a purty machine. I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably screw it all up and break it, but it is pretty.
this is my lathe :) it has been working like crazy all past year creating blasters, lamps and camera kits :) the Mill will come in the empty space next to it and will make so many new cool things possible :)
Just heard today that the machine will be delayed though as it seems it wasn't really in stock on the website... anyways, i'll try to keep on schedule as while I wait for the machine, I'm supposed to finish the Padme blasters and I can start on the ZF-1 lathed parts first :)
cheers

edit: BTW, if anyone knows what to do with 1m3 of aluminium shavings, I'm game!

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys,

I did the torch supports tubes today and tried to shoot a couple small vids to show the process a bit. I'm no video expert and tried to download a free video software but only managed to save the first vid without sound, second one was asking me to buy the software, sorry!

so here is the first step, a bit slow as it is in real time, but in case you are interested :)

second step, this one has sound on, sorry about that! make sure to lower the sound first!

here is a pic of the 10 first pieces:
DSC03837.JPG

and a bad pic of the run as it stands right now, sorry, this a phone pic, the camera wasn't working anymore for some reason:
P_20220104_184616.jpg

cheers :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.