Medieval Green Lantern

hey guys just an update to keep yall on track. I've been busy with school since that started up but soon I will by some Worbla thermoplastic to start construction of my armor!!!!!!!! So yea!!!!!!! Updates when they come up

well ladies and gentlemen i have purchased my materials and they came in this past saturday and I've got some progress. i have made the shoulder parts
jpj4lw.jpg

2aj9mxw.jpg

this plastic is new to me so its a learn as i go deal.

i should be moving on to the rest of the suit soon, but alas i have a feeling that imma scrap the sword and just use my flail and shield, which needs to be completed.

Very cool progress, I really like the whole idea.

I presume you're dropping the sword because of the amount of work to build a second full-sized weapon, and also carry it around in costume. Maybe you could rework the design into a long knife, so it becomes a supplemental side arm for a knight.

Well at first I wanted to make a flail, shield, sword, and dagger ,but I ran into some time issues plus to carry it all. Also I might as well reveal it now that I will be fabricating a whole group of these for some friends of mine. Not just I will be Green Lantern but I will have Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and a Blue Beetle

Just to keep people up to date I'm still working on this havent given it up yet. So far i have now completed my arm bracer and my shin armor and a chest piece that i will light up.
ok9jm.jpg
2uidnr7.jpg
2nsqii8.jpg

How are you doing that emblem. I had tried to figure it out for my Casey Jones Green Lantern, but just ended up going with green reflective tape

Progress has been made! I have painted fully now 6 pieces total and working on making more for the costume. I do need to buy a black morphsuit
242xtau.jpg

2u9im8h.jpg

aw94yb.jpg

rupm5i.jpg

12138yg.jpg
@Blueman my emblem is a circular jewelry mold that I will put some green EL wire in it to light it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an awesome costume. Green Lantern is my Fav. superhero and I plan on making a rendition of one of them as well. What kind of plastic is that and where did you get it?

Thanks to everyone with the words of encouragement but for the time being I will put this on hold as I need to complete some works for my friends in my costuming group first then finish mines out.
if anybody would like to see the W.I.P let me know and I will put up a new thread for it

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back