Mattel's Hoverboard Interview: A Beyond the Marquee Exclusive Video !

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
Last Friday I was very lucky to get to Interview Scott Neitlich from Mattel about their new Hoverboard Replica and grill him in person about all the details and functions of their new replica... Needless to say I'm super impressed - and hopefully it will answer even the most die-hard fans questions!

Enjoy!

Beyond the Marquee: The Web-Series *Extended Edition* (Episode 10)

ToyFair1-600x227.jpg

-AJ

This interview answered all of my own questions as well ( because I could literally ask ) I was worried by the prototype when I first saw it - but I made sure to really ask about the more hardcore details when talking too him (mostly off camera) and he was sure to mention everything that we prop enthusiasts were concerned about. These guys have studied this prop as much as us - and they are dead set on implementing that knowledge.

Mattel better be giving you a couple boards for free. That interview just secured my preorder for two of those things :) Great job.

-Gary

Just saw the video and am relieved to here him mention all the non-accurate areas of their "show" board--although I feel a little bad for whoever whipped that up for the Toy Fair, as it basically got bashed. :confused

Epic interview, AJ! It answered a LOT of questions I had and I'm glad to hear they're trying to make this as accurate as possible. I'm definitely gonna get this :D

/\ I agree. Honestly AJ, I would not have preordered if I hadn't seen your interview. You also have a great on camera presence and personality. I hope you geat more work! :thumbsup

I ordered the hoverboard from Mattycollector and was told the amount would only be deducted from my account once the item was ready to ship. These are months away from shipping yet I noticed a transaction on my account for digital river for $156. I rang up my bank and cancelled my card and disputed the transaction thinking it was bogus. Now I am not sure if it was for the hoverboard but the transaction seemed a bit sus, especially when I was told the amount wouldn't be deducted till the item shipped. Anyone else noticed this?

I ordered the hoverboard from Mattycollector and was told the amount would only be deducted from my account once the item was ready to ship. These are months away from shipping yet I noticed a transaction on my account for digital river for $156. I rang up my bank and cancelled my card and disputed the transaction thinking it was bogus. Now I am not sure if it was for the hoverboard but the transaction seemed a bit sus, especially when I was told the amount wouldn't be deducted till the item shipped. Anyone else noticed this?

I think they said that an amount would be 'held' on the account, as in marked reserved or unavailable, but the amount wouldn't actually be charged yet. Isn't cancelling your card right away a little bit of jumping the gun?

I think they said that an amount would be 'held' on the account, as in marked reserved or unavailable, but the amount wouldn't actually be charged yet. Isn't cancelling your card right away a little bit of jumping the gun?

Not really when you consider the transaction was marked as "DIGITALRIVER.COM LUXEMBOURG"

Sounds a bit foreign to me. Even when paying on mattycollector it said to look for mattycollector on your bank statement. No such title or mention of mattycollector for that transaction. I looked up digitalriver and it seems there are hundreds of people with the same problem, having amounts debited from their accounts without knowing why. I don't want to take that risk, if that means not getting the hoverboard, so be it.

Epic interview, AJ! It answered a LOT of questions I had and I'm glad to hear they're trying to make this as accurate as possible. I'm definitely gonna get this :D

I wanted to make sure I asked real questions and asked permission to comment on the lack of certain details and Scott was all too happy to jump on it - he is a really HUGE BTTF Fan - I was super surprised.

Great video, man! Really well put together, and fun to watch. Good stuff.

Oh, hoverboard looks great too :)

Thanks I Didn't put it together that was my friend steve over at Beyond the Marquee - he put this together in abut a day !

/\ I agree. Honestly AJ, I would not have preordered if I hadn't seen your interview. You also have a great on camera presence and personality. I hope you geat more work! :thumbsup

Thanks mate ! I hope so too !

Not really when you consider the transaction was marked as "DIGITALRIVER.COM LUXEMBOURG"

Sounds a bit foreign to me. Even when paying on mattycollector it said to look for mattycollector on your bank statement. No such title or mention of mattycollector for that transaction. I looked up digitalriver and it seems there are hundreds of people with the same problem, having amounts debited from their accounts without knowing why. I don't want to take that risk, if that means not getting the hoverboard, so be it.

Sounds like something else is going on here - haven't heard of this being connected to Matty at all - i've had problems similar to this in the past, but it's always from something odd like my account getting hacked or clicking an advert by accident when making a purchase on Fandango (hate Fandango)

Cheers!
-AJ

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back