Master Replicas AT-AT for reference in building...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't have the green to make the scene on Master Replicas' AT-AT replica. But I was wondering if anyone here plans on getting one? I figure, owning a replica of that accuracy and size would allow fan made versions very easily. Not saying the MR model has to be molded, but a duplicat could be scratch built very easily. Any thoughts?
-JC

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
GeneralFROSTY wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
I don't have the green to make the scene on Master Replicas' AT-AT replica. Any thoughts?
-JC
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Well, it will still cost $300-$500 for all the correct kits just to detail it if you were to make one from scratch.
Then you got the $$ of materials to make the AT-AT itself.

Lynn

I'm with Lynn here. Save yourself the trouble and get the MR, I'm sure you'll have to spend more dough on your "scratch project" then getting the finished MR kit.

I'm building the AT-ATRON kit myself, however, I've almost rebuilt everysingel part and added all the correct kit bashed parts that I have been able to ID and found. So far I have more money spent on it then what MR is asking for their model.

Just my thought,

Steve.

Why would it cost so much to make? What kits are needed? What about being naughty and making molds from the MR prop?

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
GeneralFROSTY wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Why would it cost so much to make? What kits are needed? What about being naughty and making molds from the MR prop?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

First of all there's A LOT of kits used for details, some are big kits which costs a lot of dough. Second, some kit parts are used multible times, over and over. If you're not able to cast you'll have to buy a lot of the same kits several times.

While most of the body parts are pretty simple shapes there are a lot of parts that would have to be machined. If you can't do that yourself you would have to hire someone to do it for you, VERY expensive.

I don't think you'll find one singel person on this board that would cast the MR kit. It's simply not done here, it's called re-casting and re-casters usually ends up without any friends.
icon_wink.gif

Steve.

I see what you mean. Guess it's just a pipe dream. If I were ever to buy an authorized replica model, it would be the Falcon. Anyone sell kits?
As far as 're-casting' goes, thanks to a re-caster I own a 1:1 Han in carbonite, much much cheaper than the licensed prop.

Frosty...

Are you actually saying that you think recasting a CURRENTLY LICENSED ITEM would be OK because it would be cheaper?

If so, I'd suggest that you take the time to please read our forum's Code of Conduct, specifically the entries on RECASTING and RESPECT TOWARDS LICENSEES... as i can think of no greater disresepect that to advocate the recasting of their items for the sake of saving a buck.

Tom
The RPF Staff

Ya know what, there's really no good place for this thread to go.

The question's been asked, Steve provided a solid answer and I've given our official take.

Frosty, if you have questions or concerns, please contact me via PM. (same for anyone else, of course)

Tom
Rpf Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back