Mask of Zorro

Okay so its been some time since I've been on here. I apologize not getting back to some of your questions. The mask is a simple plastic mask cut to fit just the forehead eyes and the bridge of my nose. Used adhesive spray glue and glue the fabric to it. I have some more recent shots with a new mask and hat as well
Magnificent work, congratulations! Where did you get the plastic mask? I tried it on Amazon, but found nothing convincing. Thanks in advance for your reply.

the mask is made with a kids batman mask from target or Walmart lol. Just cut out what i wanted and added the material over it. It gives too much of a scowl though so I'm working on mask 3.0!!!

So for Zorro mask 3.0 I made a leather face shell off a life cast of my self, basically how the studio did the mask for Antonio Banderas. Then I have correct faric to cover the leather with. Also picked a bandana with correct style and tassles. Stay tuned for construction!

Attachments

• 20221013_170441.jpg
    20221013_170441.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 111
  • 20221013_170544.jpg
    20221013_170544.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221013_170452.jpg
    20221013_170452.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • InCollage_20221008_004828239.jpg
    InCollage_20221008_004828239.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 98
  • InCollage_20221008_101818532.jpg
    InCollage_20221008_101818532.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
the mask is made with a kids batman mask from target or Walmart lol. Just cut out what i wanted and added the material over it. It gives too much of a scowl though so I'm working on mask 3.0!!!
Thanks! Can I have the link for the Batman's mask, please?

This looks fantastic. How did you fasten the cape to the shirt? And is it removable?
Thank you!!! Yes its removable! I have a harness under the shirt that has the female Chicago screw sewn into it at my collar bone. You put the black short over top and align the screws in small button holes sewn into the shirt lime the screen used costume. The cape has same button holes and the two clips with the red jewel are the male end of the Chicago screw. Thread them into the harness and viola! Seems to be a floating cape but it won't choke you. It stays in place nicely. I'll try to get some pictures of the whole rig tomorrow!

This looks great. Do you have any recommendations on making a life casting?
Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of advice. I had 3 friends of mine as well as myself that wanted to try it. We sat in a chair breathing through straws in our nose, while the others did the dirty bit. It came out pretty good all things considered. If you are closterphobic I don't recommend it lol.

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of advice. I had 3 friends of mine as well as myself that wanted to try it. We sat in a chair breathing through straws in our nose, while the others did the dirty bit. It came out pretty good all things considered. If you are closterphobic I don't recommend it lol.
Thanks. There are several costumes I’m working on, and a life casting would make the mask process so much easier.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back