Marvel Sideshow / Hot Toys diorama. PICS!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone! Let me start off first by saying if this is in the wrong place MODS please put this thread in the appropriate area :)

I was recently commissioned to make a diorama for a gentleman that has 30 Sideshow / Hot Toys 12 inch figures. his requirements were that it be able to hold the figures and be a generic city scene, nothing specific from any of the Marvel movies. Well, after some mock ups and discussions we went with a 4 foot deep by 10 foot long display. I started out with generic buildings to begin with, a non descript building to the far left, coffee shop in the middle and then I put in the movie theater. Of course it had to be named EXCELSIOR and be playing the most current Marvel movies :) I have 12 different posters for the client to use so he can change the movie titles and posters to fit his display.

With this diorama I had a few things in mind, it had to be fun! I did not want to do doom and gloom, even though the display will be filled with 30 figures fighting one another Marvel excels at making the movies fun! I had to have numerous levels for the figures to be displayed on so I went with low roof lines and also different levels such as the movie theater. Lastly even though I was having damage in the streets and buildings it needed to look "fresh" I was not going for a totally bombed out city but that this is the start of the major fight!

Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics! By the way the 3 soldiers in this display were put in only so you can see the scale of the display in relation to a 12 inch figure.

IMG_4329.JPG6.jpg42.jpg38.jpg16.jpg18.jpg28.jpg25.jpg30.jpg36.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Wonderful display! The level of detail is great and I love the nods to other franchises in the papers and other little bits!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back