Marrok build... in the future.

TK4708

Sooo... currently I'm building a mando. Thats where all my budget is, but... I got intrigued after watching Ahsoka last night though... I think my next project is going to be Marrok. (the inquisitor) it will be a tough build, no doubt about it, especially this early, as barely anyone has files or good reference pics. There's no real reason for this thread, just wanted to get a general idea and some opinions, a basic collection of ideas and pics. I won't be getting started on the build for a few good months lol, like I said just got interested. I also might be over the idea by the time Ahsoka wraps up, depending on how Marrok's character plays out. As always, give me any thoughts, tips, ref pics, etc! Anything helps!

For this project, you need a German Maximilian Close Helmet ... as basis.
1694017547128.jpeg
1694017672582.jpeg

Maximilian armour is a modern term applied to the style of early 16th-century German plate armour associated with, and possibly first made for the Emperor Maximilian I (1494 - 1519). The helmet was characterized by the fluted visor. The Visor hinges up and the side plates hinge out for access.

Last edited:
For this project, you need a German Maximilian Close Helm ... as basis.
View attachment 1737033View attachment 1737034
Maximilian armour is a modern term applied to the style of early 16th-century German plate armour associated with, and possibly first made for the Emperor Maximilian I (1494 - 1519). The helmet was characterized by the fluted visor. The Visor hinges up and the side plates hinge out for access.
yes, I know galactic armory is also making a file, might just get that...

Nope. That’s the right link.

Let’s see if anyone else gets it.
Okay.. I just watched episode 4. [SPOILERS IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN IT] Can we talk about what happened to him? What was the powder ghost thing? They did my poor boy dirty, I was hoping to see Bariss or Starkiller

Do you remember this?…

from Savage Opress

Savage served as Maul’s right hand as the former Sith apprentice created the Shadow Collective and tried to take control of the galaxy’s criminal underworld. But Savage fell in battle against Darth Sidious. As he died, Talzin’s magicks faded, leaving behind his natural body.

savage-4-retina_4948173c.jpg

So the prevailing theory is that Marrok was enhanced by Morgan’s witch powers. Therefore when he died, the green smoke were her magicks fading.

Also, I don’t know why everyone thinks a masked person needs to be a super story reveal twist.

Ohhh! I do remember that, that makes a ton of sense. Still- they better bring Marrok back sometime that was disappointing haha.

And good point at the end there. I feel like its whats expected xD, you bring a super cool masked guy in, well he's gotta have some meaning, everyone is expecting a cool reveal.

Also, did anyone notice that the lightsabers were animated a little differently?

Ohhh! I do remember that, that makes a ton of sense. Still- they better bring Marrok back sometime that was disappointing haha.

And good point at the end there. I feel like its whats expected xD, you bring a super cool masked guy in, well he's gotta have some meaning, everyone is expecting a cool reveal.

Also, did anyone notice that the lightsabers were animated a little differently?
You mean compared to earlier episodes?

I've felt they look pretty terrible in most of the D+ shows. The earlier fight with Sabine and Shin looked pretty bad too. They end up just looking like Neopixel blades. The blades in this episode did look better. They had more of the bright core and coloured edges of the Lucas films. I still think they need to tone down the pixel strip brightness, and do some rotoscoping similar to the films.

If I understand this correctly, since the sequels, they started using light up blades as as opposed to just a rod. This offered practical highlighting effects reflected of the set and the actors. I also believed they experimented with lit blades in Attack of the Clones but not for fighting, just some close up shots. I also believe you will hear more people refer to this style of prop as a practical blade instead of a stunt blade.

If I understand this correctly, since the sequels, they started using light up blades as as opposed to just a rod. This offered practical highlighting effects reflected of the set and the actors. I also believed they experimented with lit blades in Attack of the Clones but not for fighting, just some close up shots. I also believe you will hear more people refer to this style of prop as a practical blade instead of a stunt blade.
Yeah, and it loses some of the magic. Thing is, it's possible to play with exposure to get a really nice movie-style blade from pixels. They also started making clashes as electrical discharge instead of a flash, which doesn't work, IMO.

Choreography has been top notch though. Much better than the sequels.

with that being said, there is still a lot of post effects done. They are still digitally adding the blade effects over practical effects along with other clashing, smoke, ember, etc… effects. Like I said, above, the main reason was to incorporate the ambient lighting effect.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back