Man of Steel MOS Superman Shirt Reveal

Spyhunter2k

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So there have been a couple runs of rubber MOS glyphs/emblems/shields, one from Kapow7, designed by DIStudios, and another which was a collaboration by BigGeek and Bimmer. I bought the Biggeek glyph, but I want to have a full front shirt portion of the suit for a "reveal" version of the costume to wear to opening night ("reveal" as in only the front torso of the suit showing beneath a pulled open button-down shirt.

So the hunt was on for a blue shirt to affix the glyph to and apply the chainmail pattern to. I found one tonight. Haynes has a "Mountain Blue" color heavy-weight (what they call their "Beefy-T" line) shirt that looks to my eye to be an almost exact match to the actual blue-gray color of the suit. I got mine at Wal-Mart for only $5. I wear Medium and Large shirts normally but since I want this to be skin tight I bought a small. It's almost too tight so I may have to get a Medium after all. We'll see.

Enough talk. Here are the pics:

img4805j.jpg

img4803cropped.jpg

img4801croppeda.jpg

I plan on applying the chain mail pattern and additional striping details near the waist using either puffy paint or Plasti-dip.

Last edited:
I gave up on trying to puffy-paint the chainmail pattern. It's just too small for me to be able to do it without a stencil. I did paint the shield, but it's packed up now from just moving.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back