Man of steel cape pattern ?

Briciius

Hi all

I've start a new armor inspired by the movie man of steel and i'm looking for a cape pattern.

Here are the pics of what i've already done ( in foam )

11068388_378050202380162_2363203694541138035_n.jpg

11149494_379820198869829_8852127106870536444_n.jpg

11130087_379820485536467_1315693761691001839_n.jpg

thank you for your help

No need to feel disappointed, your post has only been up for a day lol. Maybe the fastest solution would be to ask people directly who have already made their Man of Steel suits.

I'm going to be building one myself in the future, but cape patterns are generally pretty simple. You cut a large semi-circle of fabric, with the radius of it being the approximate length you want the cape to be. Cut a much smaller semi-circle in the middle of the flat length of your fabric for a neck hole, and then hem everything to prevent it fraying. Then all you need to do is figure out how you're attaching it, Superman capes tend to be held on with a couple straps that pass under your arms and tie around back before the suit is put on. That's everything I can tell you from my Superman costuming experience lol

If I remember correctly someone did post a patten of a cape after getting screwed by the guy he paid to make it for him but I don't know how long ago this happened or who's thread it is.

No need to feel disappointed, your post has only been up for a day lol. Maybe the fastest solution would be to ask people directly who have already made their Man of Steel suits.

I'm going to be building one myself in the future, but cape patterns are generally pretty simple. You cut a large semi-circle of fabric, with the radius of it being the approximate length you want the cape to be. Cut a much smaller semi-circle in the middle of the flat length of your fabric for a neck hole, and then hem everything to prevent it fraying. Then all you need to do is figure out how you're attaching it, Superman capes tend to be held on with a couple straps that pass under your arms and tie around back before the suit is put on. That's everything I can tell you from my Superman costuming experience lol

You have point the reason of why i ask for pattern. I've already make some research and it seems that the "circle" pattern is use for the Batman cape. The Superman cape look like a rectangle but there are too much different pattern i don't know how to adapt it fit for my sizes.

If I remember correctly someone did post a patten of a cape after getting screwed by the guy he paid to make it for him but I don't know how long ago this happened or who's thread it is.

Well at least i've a clue now ! ;)

That is some stunning foam work right there. Truly impressive.

Thanks ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back