Man in the High Castle, The (TV Series)

Malak1000

Hi All, spotted these in The Man in the High Castle, though I'd post them as ref/inspiration, and also to say that I'm gonna have a go, though I may wait to see if any better shots appear later in the series (which I'm watching at the mo!)
0 (2).jpg0 (1).jpg0.jpg

Intriguing. A quick Google search seems to show that Hitler was never on any paper money in real life.

What episode is that from?

Eh. It's not terrible... the oak wreath (if that's what that is) seems a little soft, but the straight lines seem to be parallel, most of the rest of the art looks pretty sharp. Not sure how I'd feel laboring to make a really nice Reichsadler from scratch. Much faster and cheaper to simply take the vectors from Wikipedia. Which I cannot blame them for. Time is money.

I'll have a look at episode 2 soon.

I have some 720p caps of the resistance business cards & other paper stuff from the pilot at home.

Eh. It's not terrible... the oak wreath (if that's what that is) seems a little soft, but the straight lines seem to be parallel, most of the rest of the art looks pretty sharp.

You're right, it's not terrible. It's more that if you've spent any time looking at that .svg you can really, really see it! it has a very low point count that screams modern vector graphic.

All you points about time obliviously accepted. I'd just have fattened the blacks a bit first :)

I recently got into this show and thought I'd have a go at a couple of the paper props.

Here's the first one.

attachment.php

This is a vector PDF of the Resistance card seen in the show, I'm not exactly sure on the size but I guess it's about 3" x 2.5".

You can either print this double sided or fold it in half and trace the message onto the back. Not sure what card stock to use, but anything cheap and thin would work well.

There are a few more props in the show I might have a crack at.

Until then, if there are any corrections or suggestions let me know.

Peter

Attachments

• MitHC Resistance Preview.png
    MitHC Resistance Preview.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 638
  • MitHC - Resistance Card.pdf
    368.1 KB · Views: 57
OK here is the latest prop I have done from the show. The Visitors Pass for the Japanese Authority Building.

attachment.php

Print at 100% on suitable card stock, either double sided or use thinner card, fold and glue together.

Any comments, corrections etc. let me know.

Until next time.....

Peter

Attachments

• Japanese Authority Card. Preview.png
    Japanese Authority Card. Preview.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 601
  • MitHC Japanese Authority Bulding Visitors Pass.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Next is the Phone Tap Record.

attachment.php

Print @ 100% on paper, I have included a blank version on page of the PDF.

Any correction, suggestions etc. let me know.

Until next time.....

Peter

Attachments

• MitHC Japanese Authority Phone Tap Record Preview.png
    MitHC Japanese Authority Phone Tap Record Preview.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 588
  • MitHC Japanese Authority Phone Tap Record.pdf
    676.4 KB · Views: 67
Kempeitai ID card.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h11m24s132.png
    vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h11m24s132.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 61
  • vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h12m00s106.png
    vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h12m00s106.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 68
German ID. Note that the headline is misspelled, as is "Kapitän," if that's even the correct title.

-MJ

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h01m59s315.png
    vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h01m59s315.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h02m27s837.png
    vlcsnap-2015-11-26-01h02m27s837.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
if i get time i might give the money and passes a go the screen shots give me a good idea of whats going on ... great show .. new tpf but been doing stuff like this for 30 years glad to be part of this

Where did you find those? DVD special features?

EDIT: And what do the playing cards look like?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back