Limited Run Majora's Mask

So I've just gotten back from an insane couple of weeks of film work, and now I have a good chunk of time to get these fellas shipped out :)
IMAG1572.jpg
(sorry for potato picture quality, my phone's the only lens wide enough!)

I'll be shipping all of the prepaid raw kits in a day or two, and the painted kits will be ready to go out as soon as I finish the linework/weathering and painting the gigantic pile of spikes that go with them. Thanks for being so patient, everybody!

Received my kit today, and it looks great! Very clean casting. I do have two questions:

First, are *all* of the horns supposed to be different lengths? There's one pair that's clearly longest, and one pair that's clearly shortest, but the other three pairs are so close that I can't tell if it's just extra resin at the base, or if there are intentional slight differences in length...

Second, got any tips on painting the wood-grain? Yours turned out so convincing!

It came in yesterday. Looks great. I have one question though. My mounting ring is a little warped. Would a heat gun fix this?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Came yesterday and it looks great! Only problem I'm having are the horns, which pairs go where on the mask?

This is just a guess but try the 2 longest on the top, and the 2 shortest on the bottom. The 6 others should be the same and on in the middle of the two.

It came in yesterday. Looks great. I have one question though. My mounting ring is a little warped. Would a heat gun fix this?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I've noticed the back rim does that sometimes. You can bend it with a heat gun just fine.

Came yesterday and it looks great! Only problem I'm having are the horns, which pairs go where on the mask?

Basically the two longest ones go on top, and the shortest ones go on the bottom. The rest are mix-and-matchable. I also like to take a needle file and carve down the tips of a couple spikes to make them look worn or chipped. Gives it some variety :)

First run of 5 is done, so here are some shots of the ancient packing/shipping ritual:
11129412_820326868060924_6244182209606631281_o.jpg11154779_820326944727583_5241026755233371936_o.jpg

Now that the ritual is complete, everyone who's paid up should be getting their masks within the next few days :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back