Limited Run Majora's Mask

MrGreene

Hi everybody!

I've seen a lot of excitement for this project, so I've made this run of blank kits (and a LIMITED number of finished pieces) of Majora's Mask:

MM tagged.jpg

I spent over 100 hours modeling the master, sculpting fine woodgrain details into the entire surface of the mask, and the grain takes color washes amazingly well. It really sells the worn-down, ancient relic look.
Size is about 11.25in x 10in(base) or 17in x 15in(spike-to-spike)

Progress thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/majoras-mask-232695/

I wanted to make this piece higher-than-cinema-quality, so the woodgrain details are visible on both the outside and inside of the mask:

IMG_1769.jpgIMG_1771.jpgIMG_1772.jpgIMG_1817.JPG

I built this piece to be something you can take off the wall to examine up close and still feel as though you're holding an ancient relic.
The full kit should take about a day or two to put together and paint (depending on the extent of weathering detail you want), and aside from hobby knife/epoxy/glue, no special tools are required (I hand-painted mine with basic acrylic paints).

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
IMG_1745.jpg
IMG_1861.JPGIMG_1864.JPGIMG_1860.JPG

Full Kit:
IMG_1858.JPG

The kit comes with 1 mask base, 1 mounting rim, and 10 spikes.

The kits are made for minimal cleanup (a few minutes of trimming or sanding to remove thin sprue/seam lines should be enough).

Due to high interest, I've decided to also offer a limited run of finished, painted, and weathered masks.

PRICING:

Blank Kit - $185 + 12.65 shipping (continental US). International shipping rates vary.

(LIMITED RUN) Full Painted Mask: $300
(PM with address for shipping rates)

To place an order and be put on the list, I'll need a non-refundable deposit of $50, with the rest of the balance + shipping to be paid before the kit ships, or you can pay in full + shipping if you prefer.

HOW TO PAY:
Send me a PM for the paypal address.

ORDERS:

Raw Kit:

1. PartyPyrate - paid in full (2-25)
2. Coop - deposit paid (2-18)
3. Michael Bergeron - deposit paid (2-19), shipped (4-13)
4. Sendel - paid in full (2-23), shipped (4-13)
5. gcngamer128 - paid in full (2-28)
6. Pattatack - paid in full (3-08)

Finished Mask:

1. animefan - paid in full (4-09)
2. CorriTimigan - paid in full (4-12)
3. Dao2 - paid in full (4-18)
4. jordandau - deposit paid (2-20)
5. dcollins - deposit paid (2-27)

Last edited:
My painting skills are less than stellar, and I would be incredibly upset that my dodgy painting ruined what was otherwise a finely crafted piece of art. I'm officially expressing my interest on a pre-painted mask.

Definite interest. One question. Horns and mask. I count 11 pieces. What's the twelfth? And I would paint my own.

Edit: Just read the rim... there's number 12.

I am almost certainly in for a kit at some point, but I'm tempted to hold out for a while in case you end up making that alternate set of curved/"toothy" horns that you mentioned! Just wanted to register my interest for such a thing, and to confirm that if it does happen, I'm 100% in for a kit. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back