Macross and Robotech model kits

Guys, this is so wonderful :cry

Thanks for sharing !!!

Ghadrak, what does "Salzo" mean ?! You don´t want to tell me that Mike made a kit of the Destroid Monster ?!

Yessir, the one and only, MSLZ ( He's also a Macross fan, he once considered a 2500 scale SDF-1, I regularly lament that he chose not to go there....yet) Every once in a while we get the man to ourselves for a little something special. In fact, if you are interested, you really should join that forum, he's reporting that he's got the bug again and is revisting the Monster kit, adding detail and maybe going to do a little run. Seriously, this thing is as big as a dog, there are some funny pics of people wearing the front half of the main body as a hat, it's huuuuge.

Edit- on the subject of paint removal, I'm no expert, but Enamel that's been on a styrene kit for 15/20 years is going to be tough to remove, the plastic will likely have become more birttle over time and harsh chemicals may melt your kit. if you aren't planning to go with a drastically different and lighter color scheme you may be better off sanding the old pain job, using it as a basecoat and re-scribing any pane lines that are caked in goo.

I'm not going to knock them, but those old kits are going to cost more than they are likley worth unless you are looking for collectibles. Hasegawa and Bandai have been re-releasing their old kits for the past few years, you can likley find newer, better models that are better builds for less money. Of course if you are looking for enemy mecha, you are gonna have to go old school, because they haven't got much love in recent years.

Last edited:
Guys, this is so wonderful :cry

Thanks for sharing !!!

Ghadrak, what does "Salzo" mean ?! You don´t want to tell me that Mike made a kit of the Destroid Monster ?!

1670-destroid-monster-72nd-scale-salzo-v1.jpg

In the next few days I´m going to pick up my old kits and take a few pics. My Destroid Phalanx might be good enough to show, the other ones are... well... not so good lookin´. A 12 year old´s paint job, you know...

I still have a few unbuilt kits, like a Macross Garage in I think 1/100 scale, with a Valkyrie fighter.

EDIT : WOW, propologist, psychic RPF connection at work, I guess !!! :lol :lol :lol That´s exactly what I have, with the huge blue Valkyrie fighter!

Yeah, Revell/Ceji, have a few of those Mospeada Riders and the Robotech mechs as well, now that you mention them! And I loved the box fotos, especially when they showed the Mechs in different terrains !!!

I always wanted one of the transforming kits, and was hugely disappointed when all the model shops only had the static kits. But a time will come when I will finally own a verifighter ;)

EDIT : Okay, do NOT go here if you can´t stand bad stories. Wow, glad that I never read that comic:
Stupid Comics

That is a great picture. the Robotech Defenders don't seem to go for much these days..they are hit or miss. The factory does when it comes up. I want to re-buy them again and build them with terrain.

That one your working on has IMPRESSive size for sure.

Got into these when I was a kid, and later picked up as many duplicates as I could find. All my old stuff got paint-stripped and put aside for rebuilds years ago so I have nothing currently displayable but a ridiculous stash. Currently considering parting with some as there are bigger and better kits available, or coming.

MFN, I'd use caustic soda and warm (not hot - the soda will heat it more) water. I've never yet had a kit of any age go bad on me from this treatment. Spray oven cleaner is the same stuff and works as well but is rougher on your lungs.

I've got:

1/160 Destroid Monster (half finished, will probably never get finished if Wave produces a 1/100 version, is that still happening anyone?)
1/5000 SDF1 cruiser mode (one built/scrapped, one pristine)
1/5000 SDF1 storm/attacker construction mode - hey that's what it says on the box! (pristine)
1/72 Destroid Spartan (one built/scrapped, one pristine)
1/72 Tactical Pod Regult (Imai, pristine)
1/72 Tactical Pod Regult (Moscato, on the workbench now)
1/72 Zentraedi Gnerl fighter pod (Moscato, pristine)
1/72 Tactical Pod Glaug (Arii, built/scrapped)
1/72 Tactical Pod Glaug (Moscato, two of - one on the workbench now, one in reserve. One wasn't enough. It is SO much BIGGER!!!)
1/72 VF1 series - one of each by Hasegawa, also assorted scrapped Imais
1/48 VF1 A/J - Hasegawa (next up!!)
1/72 VF0 D - Hasegawa
1/umpteenthousand Nupetiet-Vergnitz capital ship (Arii I think?)
1/72 Destroid Defender (Arii or Imai, can't recall, pristine)
1/100 Destroid Tomahawk (built, scrapped)
1/100 VF1 Valks assorted (built, scrapped)

Definitely in for a Salzo V2 Monster, oh yeah. :)

Thread back from the dead eh? Guess that means I get to post some of my guys, mostly N-scale. Some older some newer. Viva la Battletech!

IMG_2920-1_zpsb32a8371.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back