MacGyver (1985) - Opening Credits / Pilot countdown timer - found item(s)??

jedi5150

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would like to put together a small collection of MacGyver props, and I've been thinking quite a bit about what to do. Of course, there's the Swiss Army Knife (knives?), duct tape, paper clip, his Phoenix Foundation ID badge, etc but I was trying to think of other props that could be done/found/etc.

I thought the countdown timer from the Pilot episode would be a good candidate, since it's seen in the opening credits of (IIRC) all 7 seasons. To me, it looks like it may have been a found item, or maybe a couple of found items (an analog clock and an LCD countdown timer) behind a custom bezel. I tried searching both Google and ebay for things like "vintage 1980s timer", "vintage LCD kitchen timer", etc, but really didn't turn anything up. Any ideas?
vlcsnap-00001.png

Another cool one would be the facial reconstruction with mortician's wax on a skull he did in one of the Halloween episodes, to identify the person. One of my favourite episodes. Episode 65 – The Secret of Parker House MacGyver Episode Guide: The Secret of Parker House - MacGyver World

Would be a cool prop, and pretty easy to make if one has Ben Nye scar wax.

Also the gun in the tin box that they buried as kids, it being the reason he doesn't like guns. Seems like a pivotal prop to his character development.

In "Blood Brothers" (S4E02), a flashback to 1961 shows what appears to be a Smith & Wesson Model 10 revolver used by MacGyver's friend in the incident that explains Mac's aversion to guns.

451px-T04E02.jpg

(Haven't seen MacGyver in decades and still remember these pieces. Damn I'm finally old aren't I? )

Murdock's flame thrower would be awesome.

Anything from the episodes of Teri Hatcher. I seem to recall there were a lot of paper props from those.

Or the lost treasures from the TV movies, - something something Osiris, and something about Atlantis.

Last edited:
The facial reconstruction would be a good one, if I had that kind of talent (I don't). If I remember correctly, it ended up looking like Penny Parker (Teri Hatcher) but was like her great aunt or something. Been a LONG time since I've seen that episode.

The gun is an interesting idea. That's one of my favorite episodes. Yet... it seems odd to think about displaying a gun with MacGyver props.

I need to watch the TV movies again. I think there were some cool "Indiana Jones" type props that could work.

Yeah, the Eye of Osiris stuff from one of the episodes. There was some pretty cool stuff. Even remember one episode about some Ming Dynasty Egg too that he was to watch over. There were some great props all throughout the show. I may even have to binge the show after all these years and make a list of things I'd like myself haha.

MacGyver-Original-Architectural-Rendering-of-the-Amulet-appearing-in-Eye-Of-Osiris-2.jpgunnamed-2.jpgmqdefault.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back