Luke Skywalker ROTJ Belt

IMFletcher

I just finished a costume belt for Luke from ROTJ. I used reference pics from museum replicas. I cant remember where I read it but I had read that the buckle was originally modified from a buckle blank from Tandy leather. So thats what I used. I made the buckle solid black so that someone who wanted to could distress it themselves or leave it stock. I made my own pouch and saber clip. I began by hand dying the belt dark brown and then put a black finish over that so the belt would more closely resmeble the belt from museum replicas.

Any thoughts?
7006683057_89e632f5b1.jpg

For the Saber clip, I took a piece of 18 gauge stainless, cut it to about 5 inches and used a pair of needle nose to put the right bend in it. Then used a bench grinder to taper the sides. I am not sure I understand your second question. Do you want to know the measurements on the spacing between the buckle and the saber clip and then between the saber clip and the d-ring?

6877741330_db2168a3f9_z.jpg

I placed them each about 2 inches from the other. It was just a S.W.A.G. based on looking at the photos and how close together they "seem" to be.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back