LS Japanse Kit Guns

19narvik40

Sr Member
That would have been MGC, Model Gun Corporation. An Amercian company, RMI, Replica Models Incorporated, reboxed the MGC guns and sold them under their name. You would see their ads in gun and hobby magazines and would look similar to the ones I've attached here. At first all the models were unable to use caps and some had gimmicks like the Walther P-38 and PPK where you pulled the trigger and the slide would come back imitating the action of the pistol. The LS models were the next iteration of the model gun with plug-fire guns starting to appear in the late '70s.
20096789196_eb1e9e45fe_c.jpg
19930635629_315e3a735d_c.jpg

Megamicrofish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I used to collect these in the 80's, they made great wall hangers.
As it is still a kit, It is totally legal to sell "as is" without any issues, You could try selling it on Gunstar or over at Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum but I would put the value closer to £70 - £90 mark unless its absolutely mint and you could push to £125
It only becomes an issue if the kit is built up, then it becomes a RIF (realistic imitation firearm)
Still totally legal to own and sell but you need to make sure that the buyer is VCR compliant.
Some good info here for LS kits (use google translate)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.