LOST HUNTER FOUND!

FISHZILLA

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that I met a guy a couple of weeks ago that has an enormous screen used collection from various films and he said that he had a suit from Predator 2, I made him dig it out and sure enough, in front of me was the screen used suit from the Lost Hunter that you guys call the "Hippy" Pred. He had the entire suit without the head, he did have the hands, feet and net gun on the lower leg. The suit is in OK condition for it's age and still looks good.

I love the screen used stuff and I thought you guys might be interested in knowing that this suit did in fact survive and is in private hands. I was blown away when I saw it. I did ask him if he'd sell it and he said sure, but his price was WAY up there:(

I still can't get over the fact that it was out there the whole time, this guy doesn't post anywhere and doesn't tell anyone about his collection. Makes ya wonder if any of the others are out there somewhere.

Fish

I nearly had a heart attack reading this. Hippie is my favorite Lost hunter. Lets see some pics if you get the chance!!! That would be wicked :p

I'm glad that you guys are as excited as I was when I saw it. I was a little hesitant in posting this because unfortunately..........one strict rule from this guy was to not post pics of any kind. I hate to tell you guys this and not post a pic, but this guy was very strict on this rule and I did make him that promise.

I can answer any questions you have about it, but I can't post any pics. This person did not work on the film but he said he got it from someone that did. This guy that I met has an ENORMOUS collection of screen used stuff so he obviously has connections from many effects houses. Most of his stuff was "older", ten years or so so he doesn't have any newer stuff.

One thing that sticks out to me when I saw it was that you could tell that whoever made this particular suit took a piece of leather and cut it in the same size as the belt, and simply glued it on top of the sclupted belt to make it look like it was a different texture than the sclupted one. I know that they "kitbashed" these suits for the most part so that was really neat .

Well the no pics part is a bummer, but thats ok, we all respect his wishes. If I were him I wouldent be wanting to sell that suit, I wouldent want it getting into the hands of sombody who
could possibley damage it. Dang :p

I've heard of other collectors doing that same thing sometimes with various items they own. I'm honestly not sure why myself. If someone paid good money for such a piece, wonder why they wouldn't want to show it off to people?

hmmm, i find that very odd that he wouldn't let you post a pic, but it's great that he has it. just seems ashame not to share this with fans that would be hugely interested in seeing this suit after all these years

Maybe he wasnt supposed to have it....muhahahahaha! Makes it even better. Still like to see it though. Go back and take some camera phone shots all James Bond style.

Why not ask this collector to join the Lair. I think would be cool to have him as a member even if he doesn't want to post Pics. Probly think we have a few members here that would ask him a tons a questions about the suit.

Maybe he wasnt supposed to have it....muhahahahaha! Makes it even better. Still like to see it though. Go back and take some camera phone shots all James Bond style.

You might be right on the money, Bovine13. Fishzilla said the guy has en ENORMOUS collection of screen used things, but doesn't post on any prop message boards or tell anyone about his collection???? That seems quite strange. Again, I say......why have such an impressive "ENORMOUS" collection of original stuff but keep it all to yourself and not show it off on any of the major prop collection boards (RPF, MPPC, yourprops.com, etc....... ). If I had a large collection of movie props, I'd be very proud of it and want other movie fans to see what original props look like.

oh come on now guys lets not point any accusing fingers, this guy could just be extremely lucky and have a knack for being inthe right place at the right time when it comes to "finding" original screen used props. but come on take some sneaky pics for us :p

""""this guy doesn't post anywhere and doesn't tell anyone about his collection.""""

....Good reason to take pix and he will never know they made their way here....

I've dealt with the "prop collecting world" for a while now and some of these guys do this for various reasons. I see it alot more than I thought, I'm a die hard Hellraiser screen used collector and I have about the biggest collection in existence and I have a friend who has a collection almost as big as mine, but won't post anything or even tell anyone he has it. I see this alot more than I thought I would with these collectors.

As for the guy with the Pred suit, I believe he is doing it for two reasons:

1. Theft- this guy has ALOT of stuff and I mean ALOT. We went through 2 security systems to get to this stuff.

2. He's using this stuff as like a bank account. He's sitting on it until one day when he wants to make his killing and sell it all. If nobody know's it's out there, that will actually increase the value. If a collector thinks something doesn't exist anymore and then all of the sudden it pops up, they are usually willing to pay top dollar for it.

I think these are the reasons for him not posting, he wouldn't let me post any pictures of anything in his collection.

I was a bit surprised and to be honest, a little bummed because the Pred suit was hanging on a hanger in a room with at least 500 other screen used costumes from various films hanging in rows, it was just hanging there in the middle of a row........not displayed. You can tell that this gentleman got alot of this stuff from his connections and is just keeping it for value. He didn't know that this was the hippy pred, he just called it a Predator 2 stunt suit. So I'm not even sure if he's a fan of the film. He was a really nice guy though.

I will tell him that there was alot of interest in seeing a couple of pics of his suit, and maybe he'll let me post a couple. I'll see what I can do

Well all you said does make sense. I can see how that works.

But yeah, try and get us some pics. :p If not, maybe he'd let you take measurements off the various parts so one of the great sculptors around here can try and sculpt up some accurate sized P2 suit pieces for all the Pred costumers around here.

So what Lost Hunter props are "out there" that we know about? I have seen (or seen pics of) the following:

Snake Head (Planet Hollywood)
Boar 1 Bio (Private collector)
Boar 2 Bio (Planet Hollywood)
Ram Bio (Private collector??)
Ram Undermask (Private collector??)
Hippy Suit without head (Private collector)

What else is out there?

dude, this is amazing.... i agree with him though on the kepping it quiet, it truely brings up an amount of money

yet i'm saddened to hear that he has so many and yet none displayed... :p

just as a question, you said he has hundreds of other suits... are we allowed to know what oher movies he has props from?

The costume room that the pred suit was hanging in had alot of screen used clothes, this was the only latex suit that he had in that room. Alot of older films. He had alot of other stuff in his display room though, mostly those old "B" horror movies and 80's horror films.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back