Looking to buy Disc/belt Sander Combo

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for recommendations from anyone who uses one of these tools in their shop. Don't need an industrial strength one, just for prop and small project making.

I havehad no problems with my craftsman belt sander, got it from sears , well worth it as sears stands behind it ( where i got mine )

I havehad no problems with my craftsman belt sander, got it from sears , well worth it as sears stands behind it ( where i got mine )

I bought a new Craftsman belt/disc sander combo about 4 years ago. With in the first 6-8 months I managed to brake it by a resin part slipping out of my hand and getting pulled in between the belt and the base of the sander. This caused the machine to bind-up and it broke somthing inside. I tried to return it and Sears wouldn't stand by it, but said they could repair it for a fee. When it was all said done it cost more to repair it than it cost new :unsure

I'll have to check to see if there's a Harbor Freight near me. On my way to Home Depot to check out one tonight. Does anyone besides Sears carry Craftsman? The mall near me where the Sears was shut down.

Kmart sells craftman tools. However, Harbor freight has them cheap and they last pretty long. For hobby projects and prop builds, one really does not need anything more powerful then the ones they offer

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back