Looking to build a high quality pokéball

Hoverboots

I want to build some very high quality poke ball props, but haven't the slightest clue as to how to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are you going to make these diffrent balls? Pokballs
You could make a 3d version and then print it from shapeway or similar place. I would guess that the balls are metallic and hollow.

pokeball?

hey there everyone
i was looking to make a somewhat simple prop like a pokeball
thinking of pepping it then resining and bondo what not..
first build?
hopefully it turns out okay
if annyone has suggestions or tips feel free :D

If you were to make it in shapeways, and had maybe a 3mm wall thickness, it would set you back about $30 for light plastic excluding delivery. I think 3D printing would be the way to go as it is quite a simple prop to model... or you could go metal or ceramic but it would cost quite a bit more!

These are pretty cool:
/Pokéball/#346256 - Zerochan

I wanted to do that too. I guess that modeling an hollow, half-sphere, having it printed by Shapeways or some other company, then molding it and having two halves done. Something like that. :)

I would look to start with acrylic or steel hemispheres. I think you can get aluminum ones too. Check McMaster. I know they have steel floats that would e a good place to start.

I think shapeaways is the way to go with pokeballs. Get it with resin. make two separate parts and have a screw or bolt connecting them at the hinge. that way it could be a working model. and you could paint it. ^^

Re: pokeball?

hey there everyone
i was looking to make a somewhat simple prop like a pokeball
thinking of pepping it then resining and bondo what not..
first build?
hopefully it turns out okay
if annyone has suggestions or tips feel free :D

I wouldn't use pep for something like a pokeball. You're adding a lot of work that could be avoided by starting with hemispheres like nexnox suggested.

Check your local craft stores. If you are lucky they will have those clear plastic balls that snap into two halves.

If you want a static version with some weight, try these.

They come in 2, and 2-1/4 inch.

They can be carved with files.

Ed

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back