Look sir, Davin Felth costume!

Mean Obiwan

Hey guys. It's been a very long time since I've been active on here, but I'm back!
Anyway, remember the sandy from ANH, the "Look sir, droids" guy? Well, I've been putting together a sand trooper costume (as my primary project) and while researching such, I discovered our droid piece finding trooper has a name and a back story, Davin Felth.
To make a long story short, through the killing of the jawas and Owen and Beru Lars, Felth comes to realize that the empire he so badly wanted to serve is pure evil. His back story ends with him killing his commanding officer andhim toying with the thoughts of becoming a rebel spy. What a cool point to leave off with for a character!
He's left totally up for grabs for anything. So, on the side from working on my sandy, I decided to make a concept costume for a rebel/mercenary Davin Felth. Sorry I can't post pictures at the moment, all I have is my phone, but as soon as I get to a computer I'll get some up.
What I have for the costume is an off-white button up shirt ( almost Indiana Jones style) an olive green military style jacket which I've added some greeblies to, sand trooper gloves and hand guards (assuming he defects and keeps some gear) and one sand trooper shoulder bell on the right arm ( inspired by Kyle Katarn), khaki pants, some old dirty boots and an E11.

Ok guys, I know a post with no pics is lame. So after messing around with my phone, here are a few (hopefully)

So, here are some random bits of junk I gathered for greeblies.

Painted greeblies.

Jacket.

And what I got all together. I intend on getting new pants, along with different boots, more Jedi-like.

Got a little update on this costume. Grabbed some new pants and boots, and made a blaster as well.
Will post some pics later today.

Finally some update pics. Here's the newest stuff. I'd like to get/make a new shirt for the costume. I can't think of any star wars character that wears a plain button up shirt (besides Tarkin and his was under his uniform).

Boots

Full costume so far

These aren't the cookies you're looking for

Sabacc anyone?

I might need some suggestions onthe blaster I mAde out of an airsoft gun. Something about it doesn't look quite right. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

Hey, thanks guys! Really appreciate it. I still plan on getting some additional accessories and swapping out the shirt. The shirt doesn't feel very star wars to me.
Gonna post up my airsoft blaster this evening to get some insight to it.

Everyone knows the Stormtrooper armor doesn't actually protect or stop anything...but it looks cool as hell! Love your idea for a Davin Felth costume, the pockets on the jacket are very reminiscent of Lukes's Bespin jacket.

Everyone knows the Stormtrooper armor doesn't actually protect or stop anything...but it looks cool as hell! Love your idea for a Davin Felth costume, the pockets on the jacket are very reminiscent of Lukes's Bespin jacket.

Thanks for the comments! I was going to use a different jacket when I started the project until I stumbled upon this one in the coat closet. I thought it captured the feel a lot better. I'm not completely done with it, so I'll continue to keep posting updates.

Hey, guys, I think I need some suggestions/ input on the blaster I made for this costume. I made it with an old airsoft gun I had laying about, added greeblies mostly, but such a build is not really my strong suit, and taking something apart and rebuilding around it and keeping it functional is definitely a weakness of mine. Even with the greeblies it still just looks too much like a normal gun to me. Thoughts?

[img=http://s5.postimg.org/88d6gbpkj/IMG_20150509_125517_066.jpg]

[img=http://s5.postimg.org/qp7l755ir/IMG_20150509_125527_311.jpg]

[img=http://s5.postimg.org/vcdn8wsvn/IMG_20150509_125537_896.jpg]

Little electronic thing with lights

[img=http://s5.postimg.org/ke2dqq4ab/IMG_20150509_134641_746.jpg]

[img=http://s5.postimg.org/7ny5dmwc3/IMG_20150509_134713_510.jpg]

To me it's real-world features just scream through the greeblies and I'm not sure what to do to modify it.

Also, sorry you gotta click the image links. I'm using a new hosting site and still figuring it out. Uploading images on here with my phone can be a nightmare =_=

I think a compad would look good mounted on a TK forearm armor along with other gadgets and greeblies attached, abit like Fett's gauntlets.

I think a compad would look good mounted on a TK forearm armor along with other gadgets and greeblies attached, abit like Fett's gauntlets.

That's a good idea, and something I've considered before. I figured (if) we say that Felth defects from the empire it would make sense for him to keep and use some of his old imperial gear. I've added even more greeblies to the jacket as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back