liquid latex

rodney31

hey guys! is ther anyone out ther thats familiar with merhon liquid latex? i was wanting to know if it would work for suit and mask repairs if needbe... i have a gal. of it from when i was going to attempt to make a skin a while back but never got around to it, so instead i when ahead and got a full suit wich i am truely greatfull for thank you gene... so let me know please thank you.

sorry about that... i thought i was posting in the right area... so does anybody have any input for me ? it would be greatly appreciated.

Liquid latex is most likely the same as what is normally used on masks and such. If the bottle says it is used for Latex Mold Making then its the same stuff. It can be used for mask repair and such.

Although the best way to repair latex is with PTGREEK's latex seaming huntorial. Do a search under his username.

If you're talking about this stuff

It's not the same as Mask latex. It can be used to make small latex appliances, but it's a much more diluted product then actual mask latex.

It may be usable for some minor repairs, but nothing too heavy duty. Could probably work in a pinch.
You'd probably be better off getting some actual mask latex from a place like monstermakers or even picking up some mold latex from a craft store. something like this

Be careful with the mold latex and use in a well ventilated area. The ammonia packs a punch. There is also quite a bit of shrinkage due to the ammonia flashing off as it dries, but it yields a much stronger rubber than the mehron stuff.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back