Lifesize ROTJ Luke Skywalker Built

surf

Dear fellow RfP members,

as I wanted to have a counterpart for My Lifesize ROTJ Darth Vader Statue I've just finished the built of my lifesize ROTJ Luke Skywalker Statue. Hope you like the result

Head by Godaiking Studios
Hands by Paul Paul Robinson Sculptures
Belt by Paul Haga
Outfit by Magnolie Clothiers
Saber by Ultrasabers

2ajx837.jpg

zn4gsj.jpg

o03vvb.jpg

2zdvqmq.jpg

Last edited:
have i got the wrong glasses on or is his left hand really a right hand?in the last picture it looks like his thumb is in the wrong place.:confused:

have i got the wrong glasses on or is his left hand really a right hand?in the last picture it looks like his thumb is in the wrong place.:confused:

:whistle: I can assure that this ist not the case. It really just might appear wrong on the pics. Though the hands are Holding the saber not 100 % accurate as it was quite difficult to get the silicone hands holding the saber

The figure is awesome! I love that you hung a poster of the Emperors throne behind it... it really makes him stand out.

Thank you all for your kind words and also challenging the built a bit ! I reworked the hands now and this is my best shot.
As I cannot alter the mannequin anymore, I wrap up this project by sharing some "Making of" Pictures with you. Thanks again !

qpp1qv.jpg

qnr4tv.jpg

As the package has been opened by customs, Godaiking's fantastic bust arrived a bit tousled
108ikjp.jpg

A 5' 9" mannequin, I‘ve bought cheap on ebay, as base for the statue. Lesson learned.: Due to the issues I got with adjusting the arms I would rather invest in a flexible mannequin next time.
2n70d5h.png

For the base I bought cheap on ebay a commercial pedestial that is used to advertice wash machines
2hcj95z.jpg

Customized base
289xumx.jpg

First fitting of the bust onto the mannequin
mra9vb.jpg

At this point I needed to decide, which pose I wanted to realize for the statue and took two styles into consideration (ROTJ Screencap and Maddame Tussauds Luke) - both are quite similar.

whxjx0.png

2iu6nmc.jpg

As I was a bit afraid that the silicone hands I got by Paul Robinson wont hold a angled saber, I changed my mind and took this pose as template for my statue
1zmgw42.jpg

Starting to tear appart the arms and re-connect with Epoxy glue
2evxcus.jpg

Fitting and attachment of the hands
20gxh89.jpg

35chetz.jpg

More adjustments on the mannequin
24mx0so.jpg

Changed the complete electronics of the Ultrasabers lightsaber to make it running via AC (incl. Sound) and controlled by remote
10ephna.jpg

My ultimate goal is having my Vader standing in one corner of the room and Luke in the opposite corner. When pressing on the remote both sabers turn on. Unfortunatelly I'm lacking a bit of space for this setup, but I'm hoping too ralize it soon.

Finally huge thanks to my wife, allowing me building another lifesize statue.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back