Latex Paste In Uk

Pooka

Hello. does anyone know where I can purchase Latex Paste in the UK? I've started on my incredible suit but only have the liquid latex and used two coatings to get me started. I really need the paste though but cant find a stockist. Was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could buy this product in the UK. Would really appreciate the information. Thank you in advance.

Pooka.

thank you for the information. Its very much appreciated. Apologies for posting in the wrong section. I saw the toy glue question thread and thought that was the appropriate place to ask the question as I wasnt posting specific about the suit i'm making but was regarding the materials I was needing. Apologies again if I have offended anyone in posting in the wrong section. thanks again for the info.

no its fine, i just pointed it out as sometimes people get excited and do not read properly :cool:

GEL is far better than any powder thickener i use it all the time on my masks to thicken up layers.

well as soon as i read your advice i ordered it immediately. Cant thank you enough as I'm on a deadline. silly of me to take on such a large project with such a small time limit, but I really wanted to do this for my graded unit for college. Put myself up for it and then found this amazing site and thought oh gawd, these guys are awesome in here and this takes a lot of time to do. however in for a penny in for a pound as they say. I'm working on the face mask just now while waiting for the gel to come through. I'll be starting up a thread for the build very soon so if anyone wants to chip in with ideas or even to say thats crap or whatever then any feedback will be appreciated. i'm a big girl and can take it. I've cut corners a little bit and ordered my dreads and beads from Bambooie. tried making them by copying the youtube link where the woman makes them from foam and glues the foam together. Tried it and the glue just got everywhere so after a few hours of trying and trying thought forget it, tis taking so much time and they are looking rubbish so it would be more efficient time wise to order from the guy who knows his stuff. thanks again for the info. Its greatly appreciated.

No problemo.

And awsome, post a thread, the lair is very suportive of builds , whether they are high end, low end , custom etc. people are always willing to chip in with ideas , critiques etc.

good luck.

hi pooka,have you got a link to the dreads video on utube you mention..i cant seem to find it.

also whats the name of this gel you got of ebay.

thanks

Hi rossi. this is the video i watched. i copied it but i could not get the seam to be tidy and even w hen I gave it a few coats of latex, it just didnt look right. Plus the end result just didnt move very well. I'm thinking perhaps the foam i used was too thick but it was a foam mat and looked the same as the one in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9xQQoXq-0

The latex.. Latex Thickener Gel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220499724380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_969

Thanks, will make sure am careful. Been working on the mask for a little while now. Taking a lot of time to get it right as am having to do it in two pieces to pass my assessment as the face section has to be applied using spirit gum or equivalent, then the forehead section with the dreads and bottom mandibles to wrap round. Wish I could just do one full mask but not allowed so having to really think it through to get it right.

The thickener is an absolute godsend. thank you so much for the info. I've been rotating between the suit and sculpting the clay for the mask. Tonight i should have the abs on the suit. half the armory is cut out. i stopped my car in odd places to pick up paint tubs where i saw people had dumped them. Am doing my bit for recycling The Dreadlocks are being delivered tomorrow and am really excited about it. tomorrow I'll be making the moulds for the gloves and the feet. The props for the set are being posted to me this week courtesy of a good friend who makes them. scenery will be picked up next weekend. I'm looking to have my mask and suit practically completed by Sunday.... and hats off to everyone on this site who has made their suits and masks. It is so time consuming and I look like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards with the lack of sleep in doing all this..... however am on my way. I have taken loads of pics so will get them onto the site this weekend. Oh... and I have shown my tutor what I have done so far..... and she kept saying thoughout " omg" at the amount of work ... aaannddd... for my first part of my planning stage I have got full marks so am well on my way to getting my A grade. I just cannot thank the people on this site enough. The threads on here have been an absolute savior to me. Anyones threads i have used to help will be mentioned in my build thread and also mentioned in my bibliography for my end presentation. which will be on show in Glasgow for all to see ( part of the graded process is that we have to put on a show of our work for the public) .. got to give credit where its due and you guys rock!! :D

Where and when will you be showing your presentation, live about 30 mins from Glasgow and would love to see it. Thinking it would inspire me to complete build asap.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back