Large Mos Eisley diorama TPM

Small modification to a pit droid figure antennas, populating the scene begins. Ground material added
IMG_20200521_205537.jpg
20200523_205418.jpg
20200519_211108.jpg
20200523_205349.jpg
20200523_204903.jpg

What process did you use to create your walls? I used AK Interactive sand diorama paints for a 1/6 scale wall I am working on, but want something more DIY for future work. I have been admiring what Legacy Arts has been doing with his work, but he politely declined when I reached out to him. Trying to find a DIY best practice.
75D83DC5-81E8-4EE1-95A6-FD766FAF0302.JPG

What process did you use to create your walls? I used AK Interactive sand diorama paints for a 1/6 scale wall I am working on, but want something more DIY for future work. I have been admiring what Legacy Arts has been doing with his work, but he politely declined when I reached out to him. Trying to find a DIY best practice.View attachment 1411813
My process is simple really , i coat Styrofoam with a beige colour tile adhesive and weather with pastel chaulks .

You know, I have to admit that until I read somewhere there were a lot of practical effects used in the prequels, I had assumed it was all computer animated. I'm still not sure which are which! But then again, I'm kinda dumb.

But yeah, the CGI in in the prequels can be bad, but....it was a long time ago and computer power wasn't what it is now, so I give the movies a pass on that. As for the bad CGI in Black Panther? That's just bad lol.

It may well be whatever the opposite of “rose-tinted spectacles” is, but I’m sure I remember that even when I watched the prequels at the cinema, I thought “wow, these computer graphics are bad” which suggests they were not even up to the standard of the time they were made. The Matrix came out the same year as The Phantom Menace.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the prequels. I went to the cinema twice to see the Phantom Menace. The fact that new Star Wars films were being made was so cool. But I think even George Lucas would look back at it and go “hmm, that looks awful”.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back