Lara Croft Diary

Gill

Hello there!!
I hope everybody is fine!

I'm really thinking of doing Lara Croft's diary (2013 or Rise of Tomb Raider). I'd like to know if someone else is doing it or if anyone will be interested in something like this as a collectible. I only see Richard Croft's diary but I think a Lara Croft diary will be something that will be highly appreciated by all fans. :) At the moment I am trying to get all the possible images and articles for the diary. If anyone can help me with this, I will be awesome!

I wish you a good day!

Google Translate says.
Hello there!!
I hope everybody is fine!

I'm really thinking of doing Lara Croft's diary (2013 or Rise of Tomb Raider). I'd like to know if someone else is doing it or if anyone will be interested in something like this as a collectible. I only see Richard Croft's diary but I think a Lara Croft diary will be something that will be highly appreciated by all fans. :) At the moment I am trying to get all the possible images and articles for the diary. If anyone can help me with this, I will be awesome!

I wish you a good day!
Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
While I haven't gotten around to doing the actual journal I did do some pieces to go with it a while back.
Letters of the crew that Lara finds.

I had also done a few drawings for a young lady that was working on a journal a few years ago.

In the paper props section is a thread I started on her journal. LINK

Some of the Japanese translations by another forum member. LINK

Google Translate says.

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
While I haven't gotten around to doing the actual journal I did do some pieces to go with it a while back.
Letters of the crew that Lara finds.

I had also done a few drawings for a young lady that was working on a journal a few years ago.

In the paper props section is a thread I started on her journal. LINK

Some of the Japanese translations by another forum member. LINK
Hello!!

Thank you so much!!
Yes, I can see it's not easy to find somebody with the diary already done. I guess it's difficult to make it. What happened with you and that lady? Never was finished?

I hope more people can help with it!

I'm not sure what happened to the young lady's project, I just did a few drawings of locations and artifacts for her to copy.

I was still doing research then was sidetracked by other projects.
My intent was to start the journal before Lara met Sam in college an have some of their previous adventures that are mentioned in the game and also include some of Lara's Himiko research.
Also some stuff about Roth.

Then there is the problem of all the assorted letters found in different languages some of them ancient.

Actual entries / letters found in the game.
Lara x10

Diary's of a madman (Mathias) x7
Confessions of the Solarii x5 (in Russian)

Ancient scrolls:
Chinese Ambassador x3 (ancient Chinese)
Storm Guard General x3 (ancient Japanese)
Hoshi x4 (ancient Japanese)

WW2 Japanese Soldier x3 (Japanese)
WW2 Axis Scientist x3 (German)
Trinity Operatives x2

Endurance Crew:
Sam x4
Whitman x3
Reyes x3
Alex x1
Roth x1
Grim x1
Jonah x1

I'm not sure what happened to the young lady's project, I just did a few drawings of locations and artifacts for her to copy.

I was still doing research then was sidetracked by other projects.
My intent was to start the journal before Lara met Sam in college an have some of their previous adventures that are mentioned in the game and also include some of Lara's Himiko research.
Also some stuff about Roth.

Then there is the problem of all the assorted letters found in different languages some of them ancient.

Actual entries / letters found in the game.
Lara x10

Diary's of a madman (Mathias) x7
Confessions of the Solarii x5 (in Russian)

Ancient scrolls:
Chinese Ambassador x3 (ancient Chinese)
Storm Guard General x3 (ancient Japanese)
Hoshi x4 (ancient Japanese)

WW2 Japanese Soldier x3 (Japanese)
WW2 Axis Scientist x3 (German)
Trinity Operatives x2

Endurance Crew:
Sam x4
Whitman x3
Reyes x3
Alex x1
Roth x1
Grim x1
Jonah x1
So, do you started the diary or it was just the proyect?What i am doing now is to collect photos, pictures.... as much I can because it gives the magic to the diary.

My idea is to start the diary at the moment start the game, where she start to tell the story... but it 's nice to have more ideas like yours and I hope more people can give more ideas about it.

About the letters I see it more like a attached to the diary ( because she never wrote it on the diary, she just collect it)

What do you think about it?

Having done the Uncharted 2 journal my plan was something more along those lines with assorted misc photos, notes, drawings and ephemera picked up along the way.
And yes all the other notes from others would be separate and added in like the Indy Grail Dairy and Uncharted 4 Journal (which is mainly found letters).
As a bonus they would have translations written out to accompany them.

I've done the Endurance crew and Trinity notes already.
Note the post-it notes with Lara's (in game) comments on them.
019.jpg

I've also made or collected off the net a few other items for her earlier adventures, Photo's (real and fan made), passport pages, flyers etc.

Worked on tracking down some of the photos found in her cabin (all are modified real world photos)
I also went through the game and screen capped almost anything of interest that you see and find in the game.

The notes Lara has on her desk in the flashback videos are in cursive, whether or not it's her writing I guess it up to interpretation.
My cursive is horrible so I will be printing all her entries.

(the blood on Roth's letter is soy sauce with a few drops of food coloring added)

Después de haber hecho el diario de Uncharted 2, mi plan era algo más en ese sentido con una variedad de fotos, notas, dibujos y objetos efímeros que recogimos en el camino.
Y sí, todas las otras notas de los demás se separarían y agregarían como Indy Grail Dairy y Uncharted 4 Journal (que se encuentran principalmente en letras).
Como beneficio adicional, tendrían traducciones escritas para acompañarlos.

Ya hice las notas de Endurance y Trinity.
Tenga en cuenta las notas adhesivas con los comentarios de Lara (en el juego) sobre ellas.
[ATTACH = full] 1489762 [/ ATTACH]
También hice o recopilé de la red algunos otros artículos para sus aventuras anteriores, fotos (reales y hechas por fanáticos), páginas de pasaporte, folletos, etc.

Trabajó en rastrear algunas de las fotos encontradas en su cabina (todas son fotos del mundo real modificadas)
También revisé el juego y capturé la pantalla de casi cualquier cosa de interés que veas y encuentres en el juego.

Las notas que Lara tiene en su escritorio en los videos de flashback están en cursiva, ya sea que sea su escritura o no, supongo que depende de la interpretación.
Mi cursiva es horrible, así que imprimiré todas sus entradas.

(la sangre en la carta de Roth es salsa de soja con unas gotas de colorante para alimentos agregadas)
I think you are doing a great job ;)
I got to offical Lara diary and I am trying to make it by myself and checking how i can make a worn pages... But I know I need to find more foros where they share more photos. I will share photos when i start the diary ;)

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210902_114912.jpg
    thumbnail_20210902_114912.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 77
  • thumbnail_20210902_114957.jpg
    thumbnail_20210902_114957.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hello!! After check all the video game again and take notes, I started to make the diary sketch, to see more or less how to make it, and how will it look. This is the principal idea and I wanted to share with you.
The idea is make some paint and write all the Lara comments (not like a post it, because I don't think is something that you take for the diary, you just write on it) and then build the whole story (I will also include photos).

Let me know what do you think, if you don't mind ;)

Attachments

• 20210917_143740.jpg
    20210917_143740.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
  • 20210917_143749.jpg
    20210917_143749.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 99
  • 20210917_143757.jpg
    20210917_143757.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • 20210917_151804.jpg
    20210917_151804.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 20210917_151804.jpg
    20210917_151804.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • 20210917_151935.jpg
    20210917_151935.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back