Kris Knave's Artwork...

kris knave

Greetings everyone!!

I'm loving the lair! What a great place. I do a bit of the old pencilling so I thought I'd start a thread here to post any Predator stuff I do over the coming months. I'm so glad I found this site, the reference available is fantastic. I haven't got much to show at the moment (only 2 items) but here goes...

First up, Elder I did recently:
EPweb02.jpg

As I don't have much to show, I'm putting this pencil WIP out which I wouldn't normally do (this will be coloured shortly so I'll update it then):
TPweb01.jpg

Colour Tracker:
TPweb001.jpg

Tried to get as movie accurate as I could with the Tracker, this site came in very handy for that - I wish I'd used it when I was doing the Elder.

Predalien:
As mentioned earlier today, I was working on something new and here it is. Posted here first, before it's even on my portfolio site! - Lair exclusive!! lol. I've literally finished painting this 5 minutes ago, sometimes I'll go in and change things having slept on it so this one might not actually be finished but it's pretty much...
predalien_web.jpg

That's it for now but I'll update as often as I can (but I might have to do some Marvel stuff first [see my other stuff at the link in my sig]).

Thanks for looking! :)

EDIT: I notice other people edit the first post to keep all the artwork there, so that's what I'll do. Added the colour version of Tracker in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The color is really nice on the Elder.  Then Tracker kicks it's ass with absolutely none.  Very realistic shading on him.  Love em both.  Feel free to post any non pred art in the off topic section.  We enjoy a bit of everything.  ;)

Love the artwork! What do you mean you didn't do the Elder justice? He looks terrific! The shades, shadows and highlights work great together, especially on Trackers shoulder armour. 
How are your other works coming along?  :)

Thanks all, I'm very flattered by you kind comments. 

I've got a couple of pred pieces on the boil so I hope to get the finished and uploaded asap. The weather in the UK has actually been really nice recently which always slows my progress on artwork so, basically, the sooner it rains the sooner the finished pieces will be up!!  :D

CoolleKotten said:
Love the artwork! What do you mean you didn't do the Elder justice? He looks terrific! The shades, shadows and highlights work great together, especially on Trackers shoulder armour. 
How are your other works coming along?  :)
Thanks for your kind words and thanks for asking about my progress, it's encouraging - I actually have 2 pred related items coming soon (I hope), both are proving mega time consuming though and I have to fit other work in too.

Predcollector said:
That Elder is incredible! Just sent you a pm. Thanks for posting these pieces. Great artwork!
Thank you very much. I'm just about to get back to you sir.

Have to say that I recently received some artwork from Kris and I cannot tell you all how awesome his work is. The attention to detail is wonderful. I know how supportive the lair is so I just wanted to let everyone know not only how good the product is but also how wonderful it was to deal with Kris. You should check out his site. He was great to talk to and I am very excited to see some more of his work. It was an all around great experience. Thanks again Kris!!!!!

Predcollector said:
Have to say that I recently received some artwork from Kris and I cannot tell you all how awesome his work is. The attention to detail is wonderful. I know how supportive the lair is so I just wanted to let everyone know not only how good the product is but also how wonderful it was to deal with Kris. You should check out his site. He was great to talk to and I am very excited to see some more of his work. It was an all around great experience. Thanks again Kris!!!!!
Thank you for posting this and thank you for your support. I must say you too were a pleasure to deal with. :)

I have 2 new predator items which I will post shortly, one of which I'm actually working on now so I need to get on with it and stop looking at the internet!! lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back