kotobukiya predator2 mini bust repaint

moonshadow1

Hi brothers it's me again,I got a kotobukiya predator2 mini bust on ebay last week with 4.75 quids, which is fair, it's about 3 inch tall, pretty detailed sculpture,but horrible paint job, the armour and mask got no colour on them at all。。。 so I did some repaints today with Game workshop citadel water based paints.

For the armour and mask I added 3 layers of colour, first layer with "hawk turquoise" to give a feeling of rusty copper, wash painted, so that the colours only left in dents; then "dwarf bronze" mixed with black for a dark, rough copper colour, painted on the entire mask and armour; as last, "shining gold"+" dwarf bronze" +" mithril silver"+black, dry brushed on the edges of armour and mask, so that it feels like they've been used for long time and becoming smooth and shiny. I also painted the skulls on the base with red colour and gloss varnish, so it feels like they were just skined and still bleeding!

In the end, I added 2 thin wires ( the metal inside has been pulled out) on the mask for the tubing stuff (no idea how to call them...), then it's finished!!

Here is the comparison

some more

Hope you guys like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi brothers it's me again,I got a kotobukiya predator2 mini bust on ebay last week with 4.75 quids, which is fair, it's about 3 inch tall, pretty detailed sculpture,but horrible paint job, the armour and mask got no colour on them at all。。。 so I did some repaints today with Game workshop citadel water based paints.

For the armour and mask I added 3 layers of colour, first layer with "hawk turquoise" to give a feeling of rusty copper, wash painted, so that the colours only left in dents; then "dwarf bronze" mixed with black for a dark, rough copper colour, painted on the entire mask and armour; as last, "shining gold"+" dwarf bronze" +" mithril silver"+black, dry brushed on the edges of armour and mask, so that it feels like they've been used for long time and becoming smooth and shiny. I also painted the skulls on the base with red colour and gloss varnish, so it feels like they were just skined and still bleeding!

In the end, I added 2 thin wires ( the metal inside has been pulled out) on the mask for the tubing stuff (no idea how to call them...), then it's finished!!

Here is the comparison

some more

Hope you guys like it!

thats pretty badass i want it do you have the stealth elder

thats pretty badass i want it do you have the stealth elder

I don't like elder in this series, the sculpture looks bad due to its size... I only have the Bio helmet Predator(the guardian predator) and this bust, stil wating for the elder in NECA predator wave 3

Bio helmet predator

I don't like elder in this series, the sculpture looks bad due to its size... I only have the Bio helmet Predator(the guardian predator) and this bust, stil wating for the elder in NECA predator wave 3

Bio helmet predator

that figures beutiful but i cant find it anywear i dont want to look online cause some jerk will raise up the price

that figures beutiful but i cant find it anywear i dont want to look online cause some jerk will raise up the price

Wait for NECA predator wave N+1 then THey are making all predators which were showed in the end of Predator 2, also including this one~I counted and there are at least 12 predators showed in that movie, what a way to make some good money XD

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back