Kit Bashing a Blaster - Air Pistol and Hensoldt Wetzlar Po Boy

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just like the Umarex panther used on the Desert Skiff scene in ROTJ, I wanted to turn an air pistol into a blaster. I'm thinking Greedo/Leia/random officer blaster style from the Original Trilogy.

I picked up an italian Roger air pistol. If anyone knows more about this old make, please let me know!

I then went about and got a pie of old military model kit parts and rummaged through them. I glued a few pieces to the left side and top of my gun! It really was design style...I'd look for flat or round pieces and see if they "worked" either whole or cut up. It felt like I was picking out an outfit :lol

can anyone name the model kit parts?

Nothing on the right side of the gun yet...

I do have a Hensoldt Wetzlar Po' Boy tank scope I want to mount on top. I was thinking a standard weaver base...but the body is a clamshell and it would be hard to add screws. Also, this scope seems to be a bit larger than 1 inch in diameter. I could barely get a weaver ring in place. Is there a special german ring mount for this? Any mounting ideas RPF masters?

Attachments

• DSCN3678.jpg
    DSCN3678.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN3679.jpg
    DSCN3679.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • DSCN3680.jpg
    DSCN3680.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 209
  • DSCN3681.jpg
    DSCN3681.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN3685.JPG
    DSCN3685.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 149
  • DSCN3684.jpg
    DSCN3684.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
  • DSCN3683.jpg
    DSCN3683.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN3682.jpg
    DSCN3682.jpg
    981.1 KB · Views: 165
Thank you Seth! I took this thing apart. I can now field strip the frame and part of the trigger, but I have no idea how to mount this scope :lol my initial ideas are doing a nut/bolt thing on the seam or fabricating a right angle mount and bolting it to the frame...turns out there's space above the trigger on both sides of the set screw for some small screws.

I found some scope bases in wal-mart. Being able to judge them by eye really helped, and one of them had holes that were only a hair too close together! I think it was a ruger? I lost my countersinking bit so I sculpted a bevel with a long skinny grinding stone and mounted it where the rear sight used to be.

i also wanted to add a flash hider so I tried to physically remove the sight. I did it...but not without snapping off the entire barrel! I used a pen and some JB qwick, as well as some loctite putty to bind it back together though. So the repair is complete and the original brass bb barrel is in place inside the pen tube!

two bombs and a motor coil plate finish off the greeblies! I'm going to sand and paint this tonight!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    537.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    827.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    552.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back