Kevin Smith's Secret Stash getting its own reality show on AMC

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
THis might be kinda cool if it's like Pawn Stars for geek stuff. From Aintitcool,
"The Secret Stash is a one hour series that captures the world of the local comic book store. Way before comic book culture went mainstream, the comic store has not only been a place for people to buy, sell, or trade for cool stuff; but also to hang out and be part of a community that just loves comics. Secret Stash will capture both of these aspects of comic store life. It will document the daily banter of The Secret Stash and it’s employees and devoted customers; and it will capture the fun and emotion of buying and selling collectibles and comic memorabilia that happens in comic book stores all across the country and in mega-venues like Comic-Con. "

I applied to their casting call 2 months ago but i was late by a few days. they film her in nj in their town. they were asking for fans who own props and collectibles and who wanted to sell and be on tv. kinda tough since I didn't want to sell any of my props lol.

So it's going to be Pawn Stars in a comic book shop?

Anyone want to take bets on if the editing is heavy on social awkwardness?

I believe this is to be hosted by Walt Flanagan and Brian Johnson. Who, like most of Kevin's friends appear in his movies, they also host a podcast on his Smodcast network. Walt's also the artist of Smith's Batman series.

These guy's seem to have enough personality to maintain a TV program. My biggest concern is that an hour just might be too much.

These guy's seem to have enough personality to maintain a TV program. My biggest concern is that an hour just might be too much.

I tend to agree, Imo Pawn stars works well at a 1/2 hour, but an hour show may be pushing it. Of course I watch American Pickers and that's an hour long so who knows.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back