Kastinite er...kryptonite

juno

Sr Member
This is just to show off some "castin craft" fun before they get mailed off to their new daddy:
106794003_bdf103cecc.jpg

106793958_3ff1068e5f.jpg

And it was all inspired by your piece Proximo -- even my Sorcerer's Stone. Oh, and for the backlighting, I'm using one of those LED bases that come with the laser crystals that you can buy in gas stations. It makes a nice displace base for these clear pieces.

Originally posted by juno@Mar 3 2006, 04:12 AM
And it was all inspired by your piece Proximo -- even my Sorcerer's Stone.  Oh, and for the backlighting, I'm using one of those LED bases that come with the laser crystals that you can buy in gas stations.  It makes a nice displace base for these clear pieces.
[snapback]1197707[/snapback]​

Glad to hear i inspired someone, Just a question did you mold a stone or sculpt it your self?
Either way it looks really cool.

I actually cast a piece of obsidian. I really wanted a crystal-ly looking rock for my Sorcerer's stone. Then I decided it was too large for that and the mold just sat. Then Hydin (of course) asked if it came in green, so I thought "what the heck."

Here's another pic of the bigger lit up one (also in the second pic) without the light on.

107057304_7bd829c038.jpg

Cool, Almost look metallic in some shots.

Im thinking of molding some stone crystals i have to make more realistic Kryptonite, But that will be later when i can afford a better silicone.

Great looking Kryptonite, Juno. I love that you got the obsidian flaking glass look to it, and the colour is fantastic. Great translucency, too. Consider me impressed. :thumbsup

Seems we all have Kryptonite on the brain lately, because I've been playing with the Castin' Craft too. :D
k-rock.JPG

Mine's about 3" diameter by 1.5" tall. I found a candy container with a nice faceted shape and made my first resin prop this week. I've been trying to think about what else I'd like to make out of Kryptonite for days...

Well Well--Tif--I didnt know you were a "stoner" Heh Heh

Looks great...

Looking forward to seeing you at the prop show in April.

Cant wait to see the triangle done too. How is it coming??

Appliedmetal AKA Clay

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back