Jurassic Park Jeep

I'm actually out of town for the actual release :( A few weeks back I was contacted through the car club by some people who want to use the Jeep as a "taxi" to a Friday screening. I don't charge for the use of the cars, so the passengers will be donating their "fare" to the Dinosaur Ridge museum and fossil tracks site just outside of Denver.

Visiting the dinosaur tracks at Dinosaur Ridge was the closest thing to an existentialist experience I've ever had. I still get a lump in my throat thinking back on it.

Not a big update, but still kind of cool.

A few weeks into March I was contacted via the Colorado Movie Cars facebook page by someone who was incredibly interested in taking the Jeep to the premiere of Jurassic Park 3D. This person described him and his friends as huge JP fans, and went into great detail about the costumes they had planned. It's not uncommon for me to receive offers to rent the cars (which I don't do) or to drive people around, and for years I have refused payment for whatever services I provide so long as the money originally offered goes to a charity. EctoberFest is a prime example of this. So we brainstormed and came up with the idea of donating the "fare" to Dinosaur Ridge, a Fossil Area National Natural Landmark located in Morrison, Colorado, just west of Denver. The money would go to enabling underprivileged kids visit the museum and see the fossilized dino tracks for free!

AbWBRbU.jpg

As it turned out, one of the people riding in the Jeep was Neyla Pekarek, a musician in a band called The Lumineers! She was decked out as Ian Malcolm, and her friends rounded off the group as Timmy, John Hammond, and Donald Gennaro.

12dg1Dm.jpg

I was out of town for a wedding on the day of the premiere, so another member of Colorado Movie Cars stepped up and did the driving. He took them for a spin through downtown Denver, where they had a good time with the roaring dino horn, and then they were dropped off for the film. Great stuff!

...We hit the early screening last night, and I gotta say, this is the first movie that I've enjoyed in 3D. The picture was incredibly clear, and it seems the image was brightened up just enough to compensate for the glasses. The waterfall scene was particularly amazing, and the Explorers were phenomenal! I noticed details on the dinosaurs I had never seen before.

I agree. I saw it last night, and I was surprised at how good the 3D conversion actually was. Nothing felt flat or cut-out like some 3D conversions tend to feel.

It seemed like an entirely different film in 3D. I caught myself noticing details that I'd never noticed before, and I occasionally got that seeing-it-for-the-first-time feeling even though I've seen the movie countless times. I really enjoyed it.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but while we're on the topic of the 3D release, I did notice something peculiar in the scene where the T-Rex attacks the Explorers outside the T-Rex paddock, and the Rex knocks the first Explorer over on it's roof. There is a mistake in that scene where a potted plant and stage light can be seen briefly in the background when the Explorer tips over. I knew about the mistake so I was looking for it in the 3D release, but when that scene came up, it looks like they digitally removed the plant and stage light.

I'm not 100% certain that the scene was changed, so I'll definitely have to go see it again to be sure.

Last edited:
You are correct, though I think it was removed by cropping the frame on the left, without painting it out digitally. I could be mistaken, though.

Does anyone know if there's one of these Jeeps anywhere in/near the NYC Tri-State area? I have an interesting opportunity to present to the owner if so :).

Last edited:
Re: Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

There are no words....

Sometimes you don't want the scrolling to stop this is one of them times. Great job well done :D

Paul

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back