Limited Run Joatrash FX Resin Print Run of Kits

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

Since last August, I haven't been super-active with my prop hobby, but I've been getting the odd question lately about printing some of my props for folks, and I have a few small parts I might need to do, so I've decided to open up a short run of (resin) prints. Once this is done, I won't likely be able to print anything in resin for many months, so I advise anyone wanting something to get in now, as I will only buy enough resin that I need at the moment.

Here is a list- kits I can do in resin are marked GREEN (the others are usually done in PLA):

Costs and materials:

Inflation is pretty high at the moment, but so is the dollar value, so I can do things for more or less the same cost as usual. I usually print blaster-sized props in engineering-grade resin (really expensive stuff, more durable that what most 'home printers use') on professional equipment.

Count on a typical RESIN blaster (Oblivion, K Blaster, Batman Speargun) or something around that size costing between $350-450. (in comparison, a PLA Star Lord helmet or blaster pair, around $450-500. Something HUGE like Vera, which takes MONTHS to print, would be 1500-ish.) Something small/simple like a Dredd grenade of 1911 conversion kit might be 100-200. Those are general guidelines, so if you need an EXACT cost please ask below and I'll reply. (Just please use the guidelines first to see if it's in your ballpark, because for some of these kits, especially the older ones, I have to do a lot of checking and calculations to get an exact number.

I'll leave this thread open for a few days (maybe until the 26th-27th) , then close it off and order supplies.

If you want a kit, please send me a PM. (And if you've seen me do something I forgot to list... just ask about it.)

If you have something you need printed, I might be able to help with that.

For some photos, either search my name on the forum, check my signature link (look in the photo galleries and timeline) or ask. (In some rare cases I might not have photos of a final prop or kit... depends on how old/rare they are!)

IMPORTANT NOTE: For kits that need CLEAR/TRANSPARENT parts... I can ONLY do those if at least 3-4 want them, as I'm not planning any clear parts for myself.

1650746742757.png

Here are a few assembled/painted examples to get started (note: I supply these in kit form):
1650746469191.png

1650746489448.png

1650746530185.png

1650746542143.png

1650746553607.png

1650746587003.png

1650746594556.png

1650746604652.png

1650746615874.png

1650746625589.png

1650746633294.png

1650746641438.png

1650746655713.png

NOTE: BLUE PARTS HERE WILL BE PRINTED GREY
1650746845919.png

1650746909954.png

1650746920270.png

Cheers!
//J

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, I have enough to start a print run. At the moment, I'm borderline between ordering 1 or 2 cartridges of resin, depending on a couple pending replies... it's kind of borderline right now, but we'll see if anyone else wants something to justify another cartridge.

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1st cartridge is filling up fast (and has been ordered). Once it's full, I'll need a certain minimum to order another. One I start printing, there's a set time limit I'll have to print before I'm back to square one.

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, looks like printing might start over the weekend. At that time I'll start filling out with the stuff I need if no one else wants anything printed.

JLinNY

Sr Member
I wanted to give a shout out to Joatrash. I just received the Blade Runner 2049 K blaster kit and I have to say, if you are on the fence about any of his kits jump off and buy. The intricate detail on these parts is beyond amazing. They look like they were cast. The amount of cleanup is VERY minimal, by far much less than other kits I have seen available. This kit is a work of art an is well worth the money :love:

Thank you for making this kit available again Joatrash (y) Oh almost forgot, Joatrash is also an awesome person to deal with!! He is a true credit to the RPF.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.