Jack Bauer's Hooded Jacket lets find this one

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Darbycrash, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Darbycrash

Darbycrash Well-Known Member

This season Jack has been wearing a hooded brown jacket. From my research I have found the styling is very close to a field jacket. Has anyone identified this yet?

2. EdgeofNowhere

EdgeofNowhere Well-Known Member

It looks to me more like a hooded sweatshirt under a jacket. I'll see if i can get some caps to verify

3. Atarian

Atarian Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/24jacket1.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/24jacket2.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/24jacket3.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/24jacket4.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/24jacket5.jpg[/image]

all i could get for now.

Thanks wackychimp.

4. Darbycrash

Its definitely a good start I wonder if the hood is part of a zip out liner?

5. Hudson82

Hudson82 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im glade im not the only one looking for this. I hope we can find it.

Keith

6. EdgeofNowhere

you're all going to think I'm nuts. But I still think they're two separate pieces of clothing. When I watched it on Monday, it looked like the hood was a different color than the jacket itself.

Right now, I can't prove it, though. So I'm willing to be wrong on this.

7. Darbycrash

In the screen caps and from rewatching the episodes again it looks like they are part of the same jacket.

8. Minder Thr33

Minder Thr33 Sr Member

You're not the only one, although I do have to say that the pics look like it was one piece.

9. EdgeofNowhere

Hey CG, can you get some caps of the jacket's opening? Cause it looks like the sweatshirt has a zipper to close it.

Anyone know if there are jackets with a sweatshirt hood like this that have double closures like this? A zipper for the sweatshirt and buttons or something for the jacket?

Also, look at the first cap. Looks like the sweatshirt and the jacket are not lining up in the way I would expect them to if they were one piece

10. pnerves

pnerves New Member

It looks like a black snorkel parka (Bundeswehr type- not the US N3B)- they have removable linings.

11. Atarian

anyone think they've figured this one out yet?

12. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

I don't watch the show, but it looks a little like this

[​IMG]

It's a Carhartt Duck Hooded Ridge coat, it comes in brown

13. Polluxius

Polluxius Active Member

I just looked at the Official site and one of the photos for ep 11 show a capture of Jack sitting at a the computer and you can clearly see the sleeves of the hooded layer under the outer jacket. The lighting is good and you can see that they are two different colors. It could just be his shirt, I am not 100% convinced. I originally thought that it was one piece. Check it out and see what you think. It is in the gallary section of the site.

14. Darbycrash

Alright you guys I am starting to believe in the 2 jacket concept however I am leaning towards a liner that might be buttoned in. The Jacket does have 2 flap pockets in the front. And 2 slash pockets below.

15. Atarian

definately 2 pieces, he wore the hood tonight

16. Darbycrash

Yeah I agree I bet the hooded jacket and the outer jacket are made by the same company.

17. Atarian

probably costly, too. His watch is $450 and you hardly see it.

18. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well after seeing last nights episode (Episode 13 7pm-8pm) you can easily tell that the hood and the jacket are indeed connected and are one.

I belive the hood is attached to an inside zipper and the jacket part had an outter way of closing. Like another zipper and/or buttons.

I am confident that it is one piece. Not a hooded one under a similar jacket.

19. Atarian

you sure? I thought so at first, but after getting a better look at the back there was definately a collar visible

20. EdgeofNowhere

also, when Jack is in the Sit room, look at his hands. There's something peeking out from under the coat's cuff, and it's the same color as the hood (the hood being a slightly different color than the jacket)

21. Atarian

working on screencaps now. I'll post them later :)

22. Atarian

23. Starkiller0613

Starkiller0613 Well-Known Member

24. Minder Thr33

Minder Thr33 Sr Member

Considering every size except for Medium is sold out, I'm pretty sure you have the right hoodie ;)

EDIT: I just noticed the lining on the UB site. The brown hoodie has green lining whereas the one Jack wears has brown lining.

25. Starkiller0613

Starkiller0613 Well-Known Member

No the UB hoodie's lining IS brown. It's the same as jacks. There's another hoodie on the website with the green lining thats obviously the wrong hoodie. Just follow the link and the one in the picture obviously doesn't have a green lining.

As far as availability goes, I live about 25 minutes away from an Urban Outfitters store and I was actually just in there yesterday and I'm pretty sure I saw a whole stack of them on the shelf.

26. Minder Thr33

Minder Thr33 Sr Member

I got confused. The first time I clicked the link, I had four options for the colour, where brown/green was one of the options. Then the picture shown had a similar brown hoodie, but with green lining visible.

Just clicked it again, and it's giving me more colour options.

The hoodie I was first looking at was Character Hero Reverse Rice Thermal Hoodie

But I can see the hoodie that Jack wears being the French Terry High Hood Zip

27. Jack Bauer

Good scrren caps. Ok, maybe it's not connected. I thought it was. Thanks.

That Twig color of the hoodie looks pretty * dead on. HMMMMMM

Now I wonder what jacket he has.

28. Darbycrash

Good find guys on the hoodie I already place an order now to find the jacket.

29. Atarian

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just pumped the levels and brightness/contrast.

30. Knightsaber

Knightsaber Well-Known Member

31. Jack Bauer

He started wearing it in Episode 6. Right about 12:07pm. There are some good shots in that episode. At 12:10 in that episode you see some great shots as he's saying goodbye to Diane Huxley. I swear tehr hood looks like the outter liner of it is the same canvas or denim material that the jacket is. Not a soft cotton like material of most hoodies.

OF course didn't that urban outfitters site say one of thier hoodies was of a canvas like material. At first I thought the idea of ID'ing this jacket was a bit silly. I was like, "Who CARES.?"

Now I'm freaking HOOKED. THANX. lol. :lol

32. Darbycrash

I have to admit my eyeballs are falling out after examining so many jackets online. Jack glad we could get you hooked :lol

33. TD5422

TD5422 Well-Known Member

since the show is still in production, isn't there someone that can be asked??
    So many people on here seem to have great contacts :D

34. Knightsaber

Knightsaber Well-Known Member

I picked up the Urban Outfitters jacket today. Seems to be the right one.

35. BelmontBat

BelmontBat New Member

But, will its' magical properties protect you from Sentox gas?

36. Darbycrash

Cool I just got the shipping notice on mine so bring on the gas :lol

37. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Picked mine up today. First hoodie I've owned. I like it, I just need a jacket to wear over it now :)

38. Darbycrash

Just wanted to give this a bump so it doesn't fall off.

39. EdgeofNowhere

Do we have the jacket yet? I'm not much one for hoodies, but I would wear the jacket willingly.

40. EdgeofNowhere

bump

and I think, after looking at the pics, that the jacket is maroon denim. I couldn't find it, but I used to have a Lands' End denim shirt that was about the same color.

41. Darbycrash

For some reason I want to say its suede.

42. Jack Bauer

I have some new info. I'll post more when I have confirmed it. I have some phone calls to make.

43. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Where is the jacket? We're running out of time, WHERE IS THE JACKET?.

Oops, musta been channelling Jack for a moment.

44. Darbycrash

As Bauer would say "* it" we need to know. Lol that was quite a tease of a post.

45. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Speaking of "dammit," it occured to me tonight that I got the wrong color. Jack's wearing black and I bought brown. Back to the store today I go.

46. Darbycrash

I am positive its brown after looking through constant screen caps and some daylight shots. Right now with the night time scenes the lighting is probably making look black. Believe me though with the daylight shots it is brown. Hold off on that return.

47. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

I went back to the first episode he wore it, and out in the noontime daylight it looked darker than my brown one. There's also this strip on the inside that runs along a seam that's on a bias cut that on mine is a much lighter shade of brown, but on Jack's it's the same color as the rest of the jacket.

Nighttime light will make it look black, but direct sunlight shouldn't. I can't trust most of the screencaps here because they've been lightened and that alters hues and whatnot.

48. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Here's some natural lighting shots swiped from the FOX site:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To me it looks darker than my brown one. Could be that it's faded black, or that I'm just too tired to see straight. Sometimes it looks like it could be brown, other times it looks more certainly black. I'm leaning towards black though. It's reminding me of the tanktop that officers wear on BSG, it looks dark brown on screen at times (even in direct sunlight) but it's really black.

49. recoil

recoil New Member

Could be that its a dark blue. dark blue in certain lighting can look almost brown or black depending on the lighting used.

50. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Could be, but Urban Outfitters doesn't carry a dark blue hoodie in that style. Don't see why a custom hoodie would be needed, but it is Jack we're talking about.