J Edgar Unusual Prop sighting

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fenris

Dunno if this has been posted before, but...

I was watching J Edgar a while ago when I noticed a very recognizable prop right before the ending...

I'm sure a lot of us here know this prop.

It's the bottom katana... hehe.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fenris

I wonder if Clint even knew where that katana came from when he shot that scene...

terryr

Sr Member
There's a discount store in town with cheap swords, and they have copies of everything from any movie.

Flagg

Sr Member
Back when I had my pawn shop I used to sell the cheapo knock offs of the marto sword. The panels were in a different order and the tsuba was different and the paint job was a nightmare. But for $50 what did you expect? I got to where I would do a black wash to bring the details out and jack the price up some for my efforts. Totally craptastic but they looked good for a wall hanger.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
:lol love it! :lol

I had at least 4 Marto SOD's come back at various times broken off at the hilt.

"You've been swinging this around have'nt you?"

"No"

"You've been swinging this around hav'nt you?"

"No!"

"YOU HAVE BEEN SWINGING THIS AROUND HAV'NT YOU!!"

"Yes" :(

"Sorry no refunds I TOLD you it was a wall hanger!" :lol

I got to where I would do a black wash to bring the details out and jack the price up some for my efforts. Totally craptastic but they looked good for a wall hanger.