"It Comes at Night" question...

Keycube

I found this movie as captivating as most anything I've seen in quite some time, until the ending left me a bit perplexed.

SPOILER AHEAD! (I know it's old, but, fair warning regardless)

Now, normally I love ambiguity; I don't mind if everything isn't tied up with a nice little bow; but I wouldn't mind a little direction here. We saw that Travis was prone to visions/fantasies/whatever...was this in the form of daydreaming? Are we supposed to assume that he was the one sleepwalking that night...OR...that he consciously went out and brought his dog home out of concern...or..???

I realize you couldn't very well drop the notion that Travis was a sleepwalker too early, and then have him (consciously or not) just project it on to the little boy, else it maybe ties it all up TOO easily.

It's been awhile since I've seen this, it just popped into my head for no real reason. Anyone want to give me their take on it?

I think the takeaway was that he caught the infection from his grandfather. The sleepwalking and visions were a symptom of the infection, I think. He was either in denial initially and later maybe actively hiding the symptoms because he knows it's an immediate death sentence.

This part of the movie really irritated me. It was impossible for anyone to open that door without the key. Yet none of the characters mention this when they're trying to figure out who opened it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back