Is this for real? Stormtrooper proto-type helmet

Jonny B

Here's the eBay linky:

master replicas storm trooper helmet prototype | eBay

If its really the very first proto-type, its something I'd be really interested in getting but...

Is it just me or does the entire helmet look...soft? melted? I mean there's no sharp edges to any of the corners at all. Look under the right "eye", it looks bent or malformed. And did they cast the mouth vents as part of the face?

The seller has a ton of decent feedback for pricy items, is it someone here? I'd like to see a LOT more pictures and some docs like a COA before I pull the trigger on something this expensive.

Master replicas must have done alot of proto types as they seem to crop up on ebay quite often.

For a prototype item it does look very soft. I would have said more a test pull from a mold than an actual prototype. Aren't the molds normally made from the prototpye ?

The right eye was like that on the originals.

The originals were vac formed.

I would bet my life this is a soft recast of a TE or simmilar.

Even the expensive helmet MR made doesn't match up to this kind of stunt. Let alone the cheaper one.

I'm not saying it's not POSSIBLE that there first go at making a trooper prototype didn't look like this.... I just doubt it VERY seriously. Unless someone has some solid proof... I would steer clear.

Also we aren't supposed to post live auction links unless they are fraudulant. Which of course this may be. But in the future, know that sometimes people on this very forum may be watching and bidding on an item... you make it public here and there goes there chance at getting it! Just a heads up for future reference. ;)

I would bet my life this is a soft recast of a TE or simmilar.

This helmet has been getting relisted for months. I saw it ages ago and I agree 100% with OldKen it looks like a soft cast of the TE lineage helmet.

The guys other auction all look legit so possibly he is unaware of what this really is.

Chris

Yep.

The one defstar just posted is what I was thinking of.

The ebay helmet HAS the wonkiness of the originals that was taken out of the MR. But it is just TOO soft to be anything but a poor recast job.

Also we aren't supposed to post live auction links unless they are fraudulant. Which of course this may be. But in the future, know that sometimes people on this very forum may be watching and bidding on an item... you make it public here and there goes there chance at getting it! Just a heads up for future reference. ;)

Yes, understood. I just REALLY didn't want to make a $2,327.25 mistake. I am an expert in a lot of things, but not stormtrooper lids (the Armor I could go on and on about!). There's so many out there that have done perfect jobs on helmets and make stunning I just never got into making those.
I should really finish my Armor Molds though, been working on the pieces (on and off) about 2 years now. I figured if I got a really excellent helmet it'd get me jazzed into completeing the armor.

Oh well, I'll find one I like sometime...

Thank you everyone for answering, RPF saves the day!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back