Is it good for kids to watch this predator?

I saw Predator when I was 4 and then I saw Predator 2 when I was 6

Pretty late, man... I saw it when I was 2. My brother saw it at 1 1/2 even. The first thing he said in his life was "choppah".

I'm kidding. Still, to give you some taste: in Germany, Predator used to be on the index until one or two years ago, it couldn't be advertised or displayed in a shop and least of all sold to anyone below 18 yrs olds. Its rating actually didn't say "18 and older", which I always thought was reserved for the uncut **** and all, no, it said something along the lines of "ownership will not be prosecuted", a tag I've only ever seen a couple of times. I **** you not. The revised it one or two years ago, and now it's 16+ for the uncut version of P1. Haven't seen an uncut version of P2 in the store though.

While I've always said that compared to more recent movies like Saw, Predator was pretty tame, I wouldn't exactly show it to a kid aged less than 12 at the very least. And that has nothing to do with the fact that someone says "************" once. It's because an ugly monster that alone should give a kid nightmares is skinning people.

Really is up to the parents my mom bought the VHS movie for me when I was around 8 to 9 I think. Picked it out of the VHS rack myself. Was watching all types of movies like this growing up ranging from Predator, Predator 2, cyborg, kickboxer, Terminator, conan etc. Awesome years for me.. :D

My first movie ever was Conan the barbarian. Again I picked it out my self when my dad took me to the video rental store. Think I was 6-7. Love the 80s and 90s...

Remember watching P2 with my Mom one Sunday after noon and I asked my mom to buy the movie for me. Following day she gave it to me as a gift. Tell this day she tells me P2 is better then P1 just because of all the predators that show up at the end... :lol:

I'd leave it up to the parents. I saw Predator when I was 9, and Predator 2 when I was 12.

I wouldn't sxpose a kid to any of the Predator movies until I thought that they'd be ready for them.

I concur. I mean, when I got home from Best Buy when I bought my blu-ray copy of Predators, my Dad was all like "Is that the new one you and your girlfriend saqw?"

"Yeah."

"Play it! I didn't see it yet!"

Then he was all like after the movie "That was awesome! But the overuse of the word ++++ was too much."

Honestly, I agreed with him. Even P1 didn't have that much profanity throughout the film. I say if a kid is at least 13, then he or she can. If not, well, that's ultimately the parents decision.

I'd leave it up to the parents. I saw Predator when I was 9, and Predator 2 when I was 12.

I wouldn't sxpose a kid to any of the Predator movies until I thought that they'd be ready for them.
that's what i'm sayin rob. i saw them around that age too and well... i'm kinda fuckt up and swear all the time so wait, what was the point again....

All in all you will get mixed "reactions" on the subject.

Personally... I wouldn't mind my child of 4 seeing the films, but I do know that I do not think he is ready to see some of the visual effects and hearing the profanity used in the films (especially the original... know what I mean? :lol: ).

It's all on you man. If the child can hang with 'em... go for it. If their is any doubt that you would want them to see the films.. well, don't let them watch the films.

You have to question though. Does he want to see them... or is it you just wanting him/her to see them? :D

You have to question though. Does he want to see them... or is it you just wanting him/her to see them? :D

GASP! What on Earth are you talking about? Of course my future kids will love Predator. There isn't a doubt in my mind. They'll spend a week in the corner if they don't :lol:. I kid, I kid. But if they turn out anything like me, being into creatures and drawing/imagining sci-fi stuff, they're taking those reigns in the fourth grade, same as I did. Young enough to leave an impression, but old enough to know the difference between fiction and reality (assuming I've raised them well enough, which I shall). The Predator love must be continued...

Umm, if someone seriously says that seeing violence in tv does not affect kids I would have to think that they live with a bag over their heads.
While it is ofc personal and some kids are affected more than others practically every study made of this subject has come to the conclusion
that seeing violence is not a good thing and can result in some really bad things.

In our society kids grow up too fast as it is, as parents it is our responsibility to make it possible that our children can be just that, children, not small adults.

I think predaor 1 is a good movie and not super scary or bloody. Does annyone know if predators (the new one) was gory or scary. really want to watch it

As said before, it really all depends on the kid. And, therefore, how he/she was brought up. If you expose them to crap from day one and don't give them any indication that what they're seeing is bad or not real, then you've got a problem on your hands. Teach them right and wait until they hit age 10, at the youngest. At least, that's my master plan :).

@im_awesome: I'd venture to say it was scarier. The first film didn't really scare me at all, but there were definitely some creepy moments in the new one. As for gore, that depends. There are many more human deaths (some of which are pretty gritty), yet it didn't have any skinning like P1 did. Either way, if you think you're ready, go ahead. Great flick IMO.

This is the way I see it. Its not the movies and not the games:

Depends on how and what the child is around household wise. If parents are in drugs, in and out of jail, sisters or brothers in and out of jail gangs etc. Then I can see the child being brought up to be just like them. This is where the child comes violent at an early age because parents really don't give a flying **** about what their child is doing at home or school.

Parents teach the kid from right and wrong early then kid will be alright. It's not the games or the movies.

My kids will see what I have seen at an early age, Mine will play the games I played as an early age. But I will sit them down and teach them from right and wrong. Going to do what my parents have done with me...

Umm, if someone seriously says that seeing violence in tv does not affect kids I would have to think that they live with a bag over their heads.
While it is ofc personal and some kids are affected more than others practically every study made of this subject has come to the conclusion
that seeing violence is not a good thing and can result in some really bad things.

In our society kids grow up too fast as it is, as parents it is our responsibility to make it possible that our children can be just that, children, not small adults.

my son thinks the predator is a dinosaur so ,........he fu**in loves it,.....

think it's all how you approach it,.....he knows it's just a movie and that dinosaurs aren't around anymore so,....it doesn't scare him

Personally I think the desire to be violent ( what I think parents want to avoid in children by limiting questionable films, etc) is both nature and nurture.

My observation is some kids just are bad seeds. It's not politically correct to say, but there are kids I've met that I just know will grow up to be a full on menace. That being said, it's pretty rare for me to encounter such a child. I think if a parent is doing everything else they should, a movie shouldn't push a kid over the edge. That being said too, I think 12 is when a kid, a boy at least, is probably a good age to watch more adult themed movies in my book.

My son is 9 and my daughter 6, I had planned on taking my son to see the new Predator's movie :) and when my daughter found out her bro was going to see a predator movie she wanted to go too. After thinking about it awhile I took them both, thinking well if she gets scared :cry: she can just sit on my lap till it's over. They both loved it...I think the only one who got scared was myself in the beginning of the movie hearing all the F-bombs being dropped,not to mention the lines about raping some fine bi....s! :eek: I couldnt help thinking to myself while in the theater about all the moms in there staring at me :) for taking my kids to see this movie especially my little girl. Everything turned out good to go, I asked the kids what they thought after we were in the parking lot and they both said they liked it :( my little one said she really thought the dinosaur dogs were cool. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back