Ironman mk42 pepakura helmet - NEED HELP!

Gam3r

I have been working on my Mk42 helmet for a few days, and it's going along ok. But I see now that there's something that's not right with the faceplate, something around the chin or around the eyes. It looks like the model on the pep-file, but not like the Mk42 helmet in the movies.. Can someone take a look and see if there's something I can do to fix it? Thanks :)

WP_20150224_21_02_22_Pro.jpg

I think the problem is that you're using the first file that I made, which is very inaccurate... I have a newer version that is much more accurate. (Link in signature)

Edit:
Here is my helmet I'm currently working on with the newer file (ignore the bad bondo work):

IMG_0534_zpsu7jvrbom.jpg

IMG_0533_zpsvxuflcav.jpg

IMG_0535_zpsraprlcjf.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks :) The helmet is actually turning out kinda cool, like a new hybrid of mk42 or something ;) But I think I'm going with foam next time, I'm very new at this and I've heard that foam is easier.. Just need to find a good mk3/4/6/42 foam helmet.. Any tips?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back