Iron Man Mk VI FOAM Build (Pic Heavy!)

Wow the level of detail you've been able to do with just foam is awesome. What are you using to cut the foam? Can't wait to see it painted. Looks good.

Wow the level of detail you've been able to do with just foam is awesome. What are you using to cut the foam? Can't wait to see it painted. Looks good.

Thank you! I was using a cutter. That's what it is called here. It took me awhile to get used to cutting sharp edges. A good technique us to pinch on the edges after cutting and before glueing. Foam tends to bend when cut with too much pressure. By pinching you regain form and in most cases even gain a sharper edge. I too can't waitto paint it. Still need to work on gloves, repulsors, and reactor. I'm giving myself some rest. Rooting for Heat :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hey Aki, loving the build

with the forearms, I found it easier to cut the edge of the foam sheets I used at a 45 degree angle, and then glue that around the inside of the higher part... I dont know if this is any use now, but I thought I should raise it :L

And what's the piece below the neck on the back piece? I cant find it in my pep files :S

Hey Aki, loving the build

with the forearms, I found it easier to cut the edge of the foam sheets I used at a 45 degree angle, and then glue that around the inside of the higher part... I dont know if this is any use now, but I thought I should raise it :L

And what's the piece below the neck on the back piece? I cant find it in my pep files :S

Oh the forearms? I'm cool with that. With the way that part was modeled it surely will keep gaps however you do it IMO. I'm okay with what I have now. I might finish everything next week. Still need to do some stuff over the weekend.

Now about that part, it's the brace. You may want to use the search function here. I did'nt build the whole thing though. Just the part that will be visible.

Enjoy building and 'til te next update.

Thank you! I was using a cutter. That's what it is called here. It took me awhile to get used to cutting sharp edges. A good technique us to pinch on the edges after cutting and before glueing. Foam tends to bend when cut with too much pressure. By pinching you regain form and in most cases even gain a sharper edge. I too can't waitto paint it. Still need to work on gloves, repulsors, and reactor. I'm giving myself some rest. Rooting for Heat :)

Cool thanks for the tip. I used a hot knife to cut the foam for my mass effect armor and it worked great for cutting through it fast but since it would cut through it so easily if you started to tilt the knife at all you'd get weird angles on the edges. I'll definitely be trying your tip for my next build lol keep up the awesome work

Cool thanks for the tip. I used a hot knife to cut the foam for my mass effect armor and it worked great for cutting through it fast but since it would cut through it so easily if you started to tilt the knife at all you'd get weird angles on the edges. I'll definitely be trying your tip for my next build lol keep up the awesome work

No prob! That's one reason why I joined this community. I received and learned a lot from other guys so it's normal to provide some too in return. That's also why I take pictures of previous updates that i did to help out fellow builders. You're welcome!

i really like ur suit Aki! very inspiring! i'll keep an eye on it to see ur improvement with the finish! Good Luck!

Thank you! I like the comments to! These inspires me to finish the suit. Will post more pics 'til the very end.

looking good pare keep it up!

Oh! Thanks pare! Just too scared to start painting so I'm taking my time. I'll enjoy the games tomorrow: Pacquiao and the NBA :) That should be more than enough to give me the boost for next week! Hehehehe

Later guys!

wow...lucky for you kabayan ^^ cos you already finished the IM mk VI and what's left is the paint. I'm currently making the IM mk VI suit too but unfortunately i'm having problem with it because of the resin. hope to see your suit with paint soon :D

wow...lucky for you kabayan ^^ cos you already finished the IM mk VI and what's left is the paint. I'm currently making the IM mk VI suit too but unfortunately i'm having problem with it because of the resin. hope to see your suit with paint soon :D

Thanks Pare! Still working on it..the weather is not working well with my plans though. Still a long way to go for me...unable to update so far 'cause of some stuff I need to take care of...like my damn laptop. I'll check yer thread! Good luck!

Bad news guys... I had major setbacks the past two weeks. First, I lost my "workshop" (it was an empty room noone was renting,someone already moved in so I lost it) and this last week I was working on fixing my laptop 'til today.. It finally died on me. This project will be onhold 'til I get my hands on a new laptop/desktop. Or probably a new place too. Wishing you guys all the best.... Aki now signing off
:(

i thought you were the one that i saw on toycon last month pare ko medyo kamukha mo kasi eh nakatali din buhok at kasing laki mo rin

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back