Iron Man MK VI built in "JARVIS"

Andy W

Hi there, this is my first post and my first costume!

Last year I was looking for a nice Iron Man costume, but I did not like all the cheap looking costumes you can buy! So I searched for better costumes and some how I stumbled over this forum and how to build a costume with pepakura. I read a lot and watched a lot on YouTube from Stealth and JamesBruton (xrobots). So right now I'm building a Mark VI complete pepakura.

Got a few armor parts done, on the helmet I went overboard with the electronics, but I think its bad ass!

Here you can see my progress on the helmet!

Andy W - YouTube

Gonna upload some pictures later.

More electronics are planed for the chest piece, hands, the arc and jets on the back!

Happy building all

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Extreme

Here we go, some pictures!

I started with the helmet and a few other armor parts! Then i worked for 2 Month on the electronics in my helmet!

So far i got a moving face plate, voice recognition, RGB eyes, video glasses and onscreen display, everything is controlled by an Arduino Micro. Everything is wireless connected to the chest armor using a xbee! The chest armor got a Arduino Uno with a xbee, a mp3Trigger and 2 speaker with a small amp.

Now i can just talk to open and close the face plate, check for battery power, or just play some sounds or music!

20597-img-0654.jpg

20594-img-0655.jpg

20593-img-0693.jpg

20592-img-0692.jpg

20591-img-0691.jpg

20590-img-0690.jpg

20589-img-0689.jpg

20588-img-0688.jpg

20587-img-0665.jpg

20586-img-0645.jpg

20585-img-0643.jpg

20552-img-0632.jpg

20551-img-0596.jpg

20550-img-0593.jpg

20549-img-0555.jpg

20548-img-0565.jpg

20595-img-0694.jpg

20596-img-0695.jpg

More updates later... :rolleyes

Andy

THAT I SO AWESOME!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!!!! I wish I was that smart to wire up something like that!

Very Nice! Inspired - What is your view when wearing it though?
If a nice young lady comes upto you - you'll be looking straight down her..........
Aaaah! See what you did there :)

Very good sir! I was wanting to do something similar for my project. How well do the glasses work? Will watch this thread with interest.

Video glasses finally in end position without getting punched on the nose!

And a small cheap update on the "eyes"!

For the lenses i used parts of a Listerine bottle! You can get 4 lenses out of one bottle! :lol

20906-image.jpg

The Lenses fit perfect in the corner!

20904-image.jpg

Its hard to see in the picture, but it looks really good!

20907-image.jpg

Here a picture without the diffusing plastic.
20908-image.jpg

Got a video here!

Iron Man LEDs 5.0 - YouTube

And i change the LED design, no more hot spots!

Andy

that's some really great work =D Which glasses did you decide on? I was thinking about the Oculus Rift Dev kit when it comes out in May but not sure how thick it will be yet. plus pricey... but /shrug

Last edited:
Those are Vuzix WRAP 920! Space is the biggest problem! The 920 came really easy apart. Normally they look like some sunglasses!

Still waiting for Samsung to get the flexible led screen going! Connected to an iMito Android mini PC and I am good to go! ;-)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back