Iron Man Helmet

IronExtremis04

Hi guys!This is my first Thread and i also want to make awesome costumes like you guys but i need help!

i was planning on making a iron man costume and i decided to make it out of foam.but most helmet,for the hinge to be able to function properly,are rock solid and i dont know to make it like that.most people used the resin and plastic cast method though here i certain parts of the philippines,we dont have such materials. so im looking for other methods of hardening it, unfortunately i couldnt find any.
any suggestions?

pls reply!

Wrong section, this is the props section. Costuming stuff goes in the costume section.

Look up Stealthcosplay on Youtube and start looking at, well really any, of the many Iron Man suit builds in the costume section and see what they did. There are dozens and dozens of them and alot of them are using foam too.

sorry! this was my first thread i don't really know how things work around here.
i also am a big fan of mr. stefano(stealth) but there is nothing saying there about the helmet sealing.

Welcome IronExtremis04:)
For hinges in foam i think you can use palstic hinges, pins, bolts and linkage that you can buy on model-making sites.
Also you can create a small plate of resin or plastic to insert on the foam or directly bonded in the foam to make the hole's area more resistant :)

thanks for the welcome everyone ,all of your suggestions are very helpful!
i hope to start on my costume soon as i get the foam needed,but it's the helmet i have problem with. resin or plastic cast aren't available here in my hometown.i hope to hear from all of you soon!

(a helmet is a prop,right?)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back